• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Santos Tour Down Under Start List

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 2, 2009
Visit site
*G*K*S* said:
What a great idea that club put together!!! Vichot will have the time of his life while racing in Australia.

Well done.
Hope the poor kid doesn't kill himself trying to win a stage to impress his new Aussie fan base!

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
For some extra interviews and behind the scenes coverage of the race, aussie posters should watch Sports Tonight on ONE HD. they give a lot of extra stuff and have interviewed brown, mcewen, davis, tutur and will be interviewing mick rogers tonight

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
rgmerk said:
The race report on CN said he was doing some work on the front of the peloton in the last few laps, but I don't remember seeing that (from a vantage point near the top of the hill). From what I recall, Allan and Scott got dropped by the peloton up the climb on the last couple of laps.

Had they been doing any work on the front before that, though?

Nope, he was working alright...working to stay in touch with the bunch!:D...both Davis' got dropped from the 'chase' bunch with maybe 4 laps to go (not that there was much chasing going on!) & were sitting on the back well before that. To be fair, though, it's not exactly a race/parcours that suited Alan, in particular. But I still reckon he looked overweight

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
taiwan said:
It's just a wind up, I think. Hopefully Vichot will find out what's happening before he gets paranoid.

It's not a wind up - we're just looking to support a young professional rider that may otherwise go unnoticed and under-appreciated. Nothing to be paranoid about....

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
1) Tour Down Under has a twitter:
http://twitter.com/tourdownunder

2) "Cycling fans with iPhones will be able to get minute-by-minute race updates on their phone, with a new free app for the Santos Tour Down Under going live overnight."

The iPhone 'app' (a downloadable application) will feature:

> Information about the race and South Australia
> Live news and race updates
> Live minute-by-minute race updates during race week
> Dynamic stage maps that show the pelotons race location during race week
> Renowned cycling photographer Graham Watson image gallery, which will be updated after each stage of the race

To download, visit http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/santos-tour-down-under/id346146925

3) A Bob Roll preview/promo for versus:

http://beta.versus.com/blogs/epic-cycle/tour-down-under-1/

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Lance press conference quotes and commentary through cycling central twitter

Start your way from the bottom and work your way up.

All over. Gd stuff.

'heard valverde racing very well...he ll want to stamp himself on the race...'
Lance dealing with contador questions v diplomatically...but theres a glint in the eye.
'traditional schedule in 2010...50 days racing before the tour...'
World champs will depend on course...will seek advice...big fan of worlds in aus.
50-50 on racing in 2011
'more relaxed as a person and athlete...im having fun...fan of travel art red wine...'
Lance public ride details coming later today.
'i wldnt be sitting here today if i didnt think i cld win the tdf...'
'griepel probably favourite...a lot of fast guys here...'
'disappointed if the team leaves without winning a stage...gd ambience in the team...'
'probably not here to win'. La playing down expectations. Condition, course etc
Livestrong making lge donation to haiti disaster fund. Nice touch.

SBS cycling central crew seems to be infatuated with lance

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
taiwan said:
It's just a wind up, I think. Hopefully Vichot will find out what's happening before he gets paranoid.

Yeah Its being organised by some friends of mine. Pretty funny.

Everyone here should get on board... http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arthur-VICHOT/199515474522?ref=ts

Not a wind up though:

we are cheering him on because he is a great rider in his own right (like every pro), just not someone who would usually receive a lot of public support.

Tugboat said:
Just like last year... if you turned on the TV or picked up a paper in Adelaide you could be excused for thinking that there was only one rider in the whole race.
yep, last 7 TDU articles from Adelaide Now are all about Lance

'On your bike, Lance,' says MP
Armstrong hints at Tour Down Under return
Tour intel for champ
Anderson opened gates for Lance
I'll put the hammer down, says Lance
It's all go for leader of the pack
The legend has landed

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
lucybears said:
yep, last 7 TDU articles from Adelaide Now are all about Lance

'On your bike, Lance,' says MP
Armstrong hints at Tour Down Under return
Tour intel for champ
Anderson opened gates for Lance
I'll put the hammer down, says Lance
It's all go for leader of the pack
The legend has landed

Lol. From the comments section of this article:

Wish i could ride a pushbike so as to make headline line news on all the commercial tv stations and print media. There again I wouldnt want to upset the Pandas. What a joke Adelaide is

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/comments/0,22638,26587628-5018559,00.html

*G*K*S* said:
Lol. From the comments section of this article:

Wish i could ride a pushbike so as to make headline line news on all the commercial tv stations and print media. There again I wouldnt want to upset the Pandas. What a joke Adelaide is

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/comments/0,22638,26587628-5018559,00.html

All the comments gave me a good chuckle. Number 5 is my favourite.

if you people could only get your heads out of the sand for five minutes it would be great!!!! if you could survive almost certain death from cancer, win 7 tour de frances and raise millions upon millions of dollars ledge, then i'm sure you'd get some headlines too, and you'd deserve it!

Posted by: Desmondo of Wayville 8:53am today
Comment 8 of 8
that radioshack kit looks awful and he has terrible form on a bike. Seems to work though I guess!

Posted by: John of Adelaide 9:50pm January 14, 2010
Comment 7 of 8
From another story on this site it seems he's just a paid mouthpiece for the premier, so he can stay home next year or refrain from giving credibility to something he clearly doesn't understand and shouldn't be involved with.

Posted by: John of Adelaide 4:41pm January 14, 2010
Comment 6 of 8
Single file you road hogging, bad tempered, above the law thinking louts !

Posted by: bikes of 4:15pm January 14, 2010
Comment 5 of 8
Must have twigged onto Labor's gravy train schemes.

Posted by: we cannot be dropped of 4:13pm January 14, 2010
Comment 4 of 8
The translation, he will be back until MediaMike is unable to use tax payers money to pay for his trip plus bonuses.

Posted by: daniel of stepney 4:08pm January 14, 2010
Comment 3 of 8
Will he return? depends on the election result doesn't it.

Posted by: Fred of Elizabeth 2:45pm January 14, 2010
Comment 2 of 8

Posted by: ledge of adelaide 2:35pm January 14, 2010
Comment 1 of 8

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
All the comments gave me a good chuckle. Number 5 is my favourite.

if you people could only get your heads out of the sand for five minutes it would be great!!!! if you could survive almost certain death from cancer, win 7 tour de frances and raise millions upon millions of dollars ledge, then i'm sure you'd get some headlines too, and you'd deserve it!

Posted by: Desmondo of Wayville 8:53am today
Comment 8 of 8
that radioshack kit looks awful and he has terrible form on a bike. Seems to work though I guess!

Posted by: John of Adelaide 9:50pm January 14, 2010
Comment 7 of 8
From another story on this site it seems he's just a paid mouthpiece for the premier, so he can stay home next year or refrain from giving credibility to something he clearly doesn't understand and shouldn't be involved with.

Posted by: John of Adelaide 4:41pm January 14, 2010
Comment 6 of 8
Single file you road hogging, bad tempered, above the law thinking louts !

Posted by: bikes of 4:15pm January 14, 2010
Comment 5 of 8
Must have twigged onto Labor's gravy train schemes.

Posted by: we cannot be dropped of 4:13pm January 14, 2010
Comment 4 of 8
The translation, he will be back until MediaMike is unable to use tax payers money to pay for his trip plus bonuses.

Posted by: daniel of stepney 4:08pm January 14, 2010
Comment 3 of 8
Will he return? depends on the election result doesn't it.

Posted by: Fred of Elizabeth 2:45pm January 14, 2010
Comment 2 of 8

Posted by: ledge of adelaide 2:35pm January 14, 2010
Comment 1 of 8

Clearly the irony is not lost on this guy.

A

Anonymous

dimspace said:
anyone found any live coverage a la internet yet?
No video streams yet, but it's early. Steephill has a radio link on the site, and he updates with video feeds as they come live. He has competitors, so some times he holds back until race time. The TDU site shows that the overall event will be covered on Eurosport, but doesn't give specifics. I tried their audio a while ago and it was an infomercial. If I find something on my own, I'll post it here, but Steve will have more possibilities. (If I find something he doesn't already have, I send it to him, as do a lot of people). Good luck.
http://www.steephill.tv/tour-down-under/

Here's the link for live text with occasional Graham Watson photos.
http://www.m.tourdownunder.com.au/cchc.aspx

Cycling News text feed is live:

http://live.cyclingnews.com/

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Says my i-phone "Santos Tour down Under" free App:

"Go to Rymill Park now

Santos Tour Down Under Teams Presentation at Rymill Park.

***** ********* will be presented last!"

photo-30.jpg

TRENDING THREADS