• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Santos Tour Down Under Start List

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
Uk got highlights every day, and by the looks of it some stages live, but the tv guide is very very confusing.. Link to what has been worked out, and then link on that page to the full listings..

Yes, we get 30 minute highlights at 6pm and get stages 0,5,6 live...
Maybe we canteach you poms how to hold a proper bike race unlike your Tour of Britain;):D

Thought I'd help out some of the euro posters on here for the coverage times.

Down Under Classic coverage starts at 16:30 AEST, 5:30am London, 6:30 for the rest of the main euro countries.
Stage 5 coverage starts at 11:15 AEST, 00:15 London, 1:15 for the rest of the main euro countries.
Stage 6 coverage starts at 13:30 AEST, 2:30 london, 3:30 for the rest of the main euro countries.

Now you euros will understand what we aussies go through to watch the tdf every night and to watch other big races.
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, we get 30 minute highlights at 6pm and get stages 0,5,6 live...
Maybe we canteach you poms how to hold a proper bike race unlike your Tour of Britain;):D

Thought I'd help out some of the euro posters on here for the coverage times.

Down Under Classic coverage starts at 16:30 AEST, 5:30am London, 6:30 for the rest of the main euro countries.
Stage 5 coverage starts at 11:15 AEST, 00:15 London, 1:15 for the rest of the main euro countries.
Stage 6 coverage starts at 13:30 AEST, 2:30 london, 3:30 for the rest of the main euro countries.

Now you euros will understand what we aussies go through to watch the tdf every night and to watch other big races.

Do SBS or ONE have the highlights?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
doesnt look like we have live coverage of the classic. TV guide goes up to 6am now, and i work out it starts at about 5.45 uk time.. so certainly looks like highlights of 0,1,2,3,4 and 5/6 live

auscyclefan94 said:
Yes, we get 30 minute highlights at 6pm and get stages 0,5,6 live...
Maybe we canteach you poms how to hold a proper bike race unlike your Tour of Britain;):D.


at least the ToB had some bloody hills...

And dont even claim some of your hills are hills.. they aint.. :p TdU must be the only race to have a king of the slight incline jersey.. (oh sorry.. i forgot qatar)
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
If there is live video anywhere, it usually hits the web. I haven't had a TV for three years, but I've been able to watch a lot of cycling due to the kindness of strangers. I and a lot of others shoot feeds we come across to Steve at Steephill.tv - he usually updates up to and during the stage.

A lot of the helpful unofficial feeds won't appear until race time. But you can check justin.tv, atdhe.net, and FromSport.com. The last two would have listings a few hours in advance.

Here's the link for International TV availability on the official website.
http://www.tourdownunder.com.au/news--and--media/televisioncoverage

Since SBS, the official race provider, only has live coverage for the Classic and the final two stages, that's all the live feeds that will exist.

SBS - The official host broadcaster of the Santos Tour Down Under

17 January - Cancer Council Helpline Classic
SBS ONE: LIVE @ 4pm (Adelaide), 4:30pm (Sydney)
SBS TWO: Repeat @ 8pm (Adelaide), 8:30pm (Sydney)

19 January - Stage 1
SBS ONE: Daily highlights @ 5.30pm (Adelaide), 6:00pm (Sydney)
SBS TWO: Daily highlights Repeat @ 8pm (Adelaide), 8:30pm (Sydney)

20 January - Stage 2
SBS ONE: Daily highlights @ 5.30pm (Adelaide), 6:00pm (Sydney)
SBS TWO: Daily highlights Repeat @ 8pm (Adelaide), 8:30pm (Sydney)

21 January - Stage 3
SBS ONE: Daily highlights @ 5.30pm (Adelaide), 6:00pm (Sydney)
SBS TWO: Daily highlights Repeat @ 8pm (Adelaide), 8:30pm (Sydney)

22 January - Mutual Community Stage 4
SBS ONE: Daily highlights @ 5.30pm (Adelaide), 6:00pm (Sydney)
SBS TWO: Daily highlights Repeat @ 8pm (Adelaide), 8:30pm (Sydney)

23 January - Jayco Stage 5
SBS ONE: LIVE @ 10.45am (Adelaide) 11:15am (Sydney)
SBS TWO: highlights @ 8pm (Adelaide), 8:30pm (Sydney)

24 January - Adelaide City Council Stage 6
SBS ONE: LIVE @ 1pm (Adelaide), 1:30pm (Sydney)
SBS TWO: Repeat @ 8pm (Adelaide), 8:30pm (Sydney)

Last year the official website had the same text feed as here, but was all on one page so you could scroll down. There were also a couple of online radio stations that broke into their normal content occasionally with updates phoned in from reporters along the course.

The highlight videos show up pretty much everywhere online. Steephill would post links. When I was blogging last year, I had no problem finding YouTube videos to embed. I think either SBS or the TDU have their own account
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Do SBS or ONE have the highlights?
SBS, only cycling that ONE shows is the worlds and the sun tour.
dimspace said:
doesnt look like we have live coverage of the classic. TV guide goes up to 6am now, and i work out it starts at about 5.45 uk time.. so certainly looks like highlights of 0,1,2,3,4 and 5/6 live




at least the ToB had some bloody hills...

And dont even claim some of your hills are hills.. they aint.. :p TdU must be the only race to have a king of the slight incline jersey.. (oh sorry.. i forgot qatar)

What do you call Wilunga Hill? 3.5km at 7%. their are a few others but i don't now adelaide well as i have never been there.
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
SBS, only cycling that ONE shows is the worlds and the sun tour.

Thanks.

auscyclefan94 said:
What do you call Wilunga Hill? 3.5km at 7%. their are a few others but i don't now adelaide well as i have never been there.

Remember last year's edition? There were some really steep hills on the first and second stage, because they were doing close to 100km/h down it! :eek: I'm also going to predict Travis Meyer to be a right annoyance to the peloton and be in every break that goes, like Jack Bobridge did last year. And nice how Garmin's team line-up is made up soley of Commonwealth riders.
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Thanks.



Remember last year's edition? There were some really steep hills on the first and second stage, because they were doing close to 100km/h down it! :eek: I'm also going to predict Travis Meyer to be a right annoyance to the peloton and be in every break that goes, like Jack Bobridge did last year. And nice how Garmin's team line-up is made up soley of Commonwealth riders.

he's not riding.
 
Jun 16, 2009
759
0
0
www.oxygencycles.com
stefank said:
I was wondering about that. Who do you suppose will fill the final UNISA spot?


That spot is reserved for the Australian National champion, but I can't see them allowing a Garmin rider into the Uni-SA squad, so I assume David Kemp will get the spot.

It'll be interesting to see if Garmin decide to change their line-up so Travis Meyer gets to show off his new jersey.
 
badboyberty said:
That spot is reserved for the Australian National champion, but I can't see them allowing a Garmin rider into the Uni-SA squad, so I assume David Kemp will get the spot.

It'll be interesting to see if Garmin decide to change their line-up so Travis Meyer gets to show off his new jersey.

He's already committed to the track whilst the TdU is on.
 
Jun 16, 2009
759
0
0
www.oxygencycles.com
dimspace said:
at least the ToB had some bloody hills...

a couple of gentle gradients climbing 400metres at most...

Sorry Dim, the ToB isn't any lumpier than the TdU.

Probably best to leave the "that's not a hill" talk to people who live in countries with topography, like New Zealand and Canada.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
badboyberty said:
a couple of gentle gradients climbing 400metres at most...

Sorry Dim, the ToB isn't any lumpier than the TdU.

Probably best to leave the "that's not a hill" talk to people who live in countries with topography, like New Zealand and Canada.

We have topography.. :D

Wheres the big hills thread gone..

Although to be fair the same guy did win the KoM and Sprints contest in the ToB.. :D

lucybears said:
hate to have to agree with the antipodean colonials...

http://www.cycle2max.com/bike-hill-climb/Old-Willunga-Hill.aspx?id=656

but such is ...

Pah.. call that a hill..

we have this just a few miles up the road..

http://www.rural-roads.co.uk/a39/a39_4.shtml

frustratingly the tour of britain has gone near it twice, the last two years, and not once have they had the guts to put it on the route.. its only 1 in 4.. :/
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
lucybears said:
Still not a patch on the Templestowe Hill Climb in Melbourne - a gradient of 1 in 2.5

Pffft... "my hills bigger than your hill... neurghh..."

Guess the aussies have got they eyres mountain thing.. never seen a bike race go up it though..

The ToB is actually realy frustrating, theres some great climbs in this country, even a couple of cobbled ones, but the Tour organisers seem scared of going anywhere near them.. They used to. now anything over 2% gets a HC sign...
 
Jan 1, 2010
2
0
0
Visit site
Yah. psychological advantage is very important.
Building that up is key for future races,

LA has declared to race until end 2011. I reckon he's gonna give it all until that time!
 
Jun 16, 2009
19,654
2
0
Visit site
dimspace said:
Pffft... "my hills bigger than your hill... neurghh..."

Guess the aussies have got they eyres mountain thing.. never seen a bike race go up it though..

The ToB is actually realy frustrating, theres some great climbs in this country, even a couple of cobbled ones, but the Tour organisers seem scared of going anywhere near them.. They used to. now anything over 2% gets a HC sign...

Whinghing poms...
We have had races that have had mountains go up them such as the Sun tour went up Lake Mountain which is a touch climb.