• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Saur-Sojasun for the Tour?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
IIRC, your idol tried to win the Vuelta last year. Didn't quite succeed, though.

That was beyond Evans' control.

Evans would have obviously won that Vuelta if it wasn't for that flat tire, punctured on purpose by the Spaniards, that lost him 15 minutes.
He could hold on on La Pandera, he just thought it would be tactically wise to get dropped. If he wasn't pushed into the barriers by Gesink he would have taken at least 2 minutes in that sprint on Xorret de Cati.
And if Gesink would have stayed on his bike Evans would have taken him in a breakaway in the Madrid stage. Solo.
Valverde was in a doping case about 4 years ago and hasn't been tested since, so he was obviously doped up to extremes.

Menchov's GT win was a fluke. And a fluke. And a fluke.

/s

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Aren't you a Cadel Evans fan?

Never get serious about things in this forum.

1)Never said menchov's wins was a fluke. I was just making the statement that he has never done as well as evans at the tour. I also do have a lot of respect for the vuelta and giro.
2)Az-kaaf, Never said he would of won the Vuelta, he lost the chance to contest for the win of the vuelta.
3)My opinion is that BMC would be a more exciting prospect than teams such as Vacansoleil or Saur Sojasun. I think they would offer more than just being apparent in the breakaway's and evans would be at elast contesting for the podium. Also he is the first WC in many years who will be a gc contender. Now you can go bite my head off.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
That was beyond Evans' control.

Evans would have obviously won that Vuelta if it wasn't for that flat tire, punctured on purpose by the Spaniards, that lost him 15 minutes.
He could hold on on La Pandera, he just thought it would be tactically wise to get dropped. If he wasn't pushed into the barriers by Gesink he would have taken at least 2 minutes in that sprint on Xorret de Cati.
And if Gesink would have stayed on his bike Evans would have taken him in a breakaway in the Madrid stage. Solo.
Valverde was in a doping case about 4 years ago and hasn't been tested since, so he was obviously doped up to extremes.

Menchov's GT win was a fluke. And a fluke. And a fluke.

/s

This post = HOF

TRENDING THREADS