• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Score the Tour Teams

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
AG2R: 4.5
Astana: 1
BMC: 4
Cannondale: 0.5
Dimension Data: 5
Etixx: 2
FDJ: 0.5
IAM : 4
Lampre: 1.5
Lotto–Soudal: 3.5
Movistar: 3
Orica: 4
Giant: 3.5
Katusha: 4
LottoNL–Jumbo: 0.5
Team Sky: 5
Tinkoff: 4
Trek–Segafredo: 2.5

Bora–Argon 18: 1
Cofidis : 1.5
Direct Énergie: 2
Fortuneo–Vital Concept: 1

Re: Re:

Cannibal72 said:
jmdirt said:
I think that people aren't giving Movistar enough credit. Sure the top step was their goal, what GC team isn't shooting for that, but they finished on the box (also AV in 6th). Plus they won the team GC,

For comparison, AG2R/RB also came to win the GC and 1) didn't win GC, 2) just edged Mov/NQ by 15 seconds (no other in top 10 and no team title).

5s
Sky
DD

If Tink would have started with their stated goal of green/PS, they probably get a 5 too (and maybe another stage or two), but they came to win the GC and didn't. Plan B was fantastic though so 4.5.
But AG2R's team was nowhere near as good as Movistar's.
IMO, that's a poor argument. They get 'extra credit' because they brought a weaker team? Maybe they should get a reduction for not bringing a better team?

Re:

IndianCyclist said:
AG2R: 5
Dimension Data: 5
Lotto–Soudal: 4
Orica: 5
Giant: 4
Tinkoff: 3.5
based on results vs expectations
I like this approach to scoring relative to teams' expectations. So here is my evaluation:

Teams that fulfilled their goals: Sky, Dimension Data, AG2R, Lotto-Soudal, OricaBE
Teams that did not meet their main objective but achieved other success: Tinkoff, Giant, BMC, IAM
Teams that wanted perhaps to do a bit better but overall can be satisfied: Movistar, Lampre, Etixx, Katusha
Teams that achieved only a little: Direct Energie, Cofidis, Fortuneo
Teams that simply failed: Astana, LottoNL, Cannondale, FDJ, Bora, Trek

TRENDING THREADS