• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sebastian Henao Discussion Thread

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, seems threads like this come up a lot nowdays, and this guy deserves it.

Youngest rider in the Giro. What a ride today.

He's been very consistent already, but today took it up a notch.

I think many thought a bit that he got the deal because that was the only way for Sky to keep Sergio at Sky - doesn't look like it now :cool: :D

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't Sky convinced that Sebastian is the bigger talent of the two Henao's?

And he's already proving this as a rookie pro, on a stage with freezing temperatures and three giant climbs. This guy seems destined for greatness.

Pentacycle said:

And he's already proving this as a rookie pro, on a stage with freezing temperatures and three giant climbs. This guy seems destined for greatness.

They certainly rate him very highly, yesterday he showed he has got some very serious promise.

I would send him to the Vuelta as he would like that route, obviously this depends if he is up to 2 GT's in a year.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:

no

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pricey_sky said:
They certainly rate him very highly, yesterday he showed he has got some very serious promise.

I would send him to the Vuelta as he would like that route, obviously this depends if he is up to 2 GT's in a year.

the guy is 20 years old it's already almst too much to let any rider do just one gt at ate 20. 2 gt's is ridiuclous :rolleyes:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Even one GT might be too much for someone so young for my tastes, and ideally I'd have had him withdraw after 2 weeks, but it would be such a shame to do that now just as he's starting to show his full potential.

for a normal rider from europe yes, but for a colombian no. sebastian already did the vuelta colombia last year, in which he won the u23 classification and despite what people may thinki the vuelta colombia is like the 4th gt in this world. if you can finish that you can finish a gt as well and he's showing his recuperation and consistancy

Ryo Hazuki said:
for a normal rider from europe yes, but for a colombian no. sebastian already did the vuelta colombia last year, in which he won the u23 classification and despite what people may thinki the vuelta colombia is like the 4th gt in this world. if you can finish that you can finish a gt as well and he's showing his recuperation and consistancy

Colombians = Übermensch

:rolleyes:

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
good on you for not reading my post explaining why :rolleyes:

and in cycling colombians are definitely übermensch(in your horribly wrong use of the term as hitler asbused it) if you still need any proof for that after this giro you are out of your mind

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
He will. He is far more suited to Zoncolan than Rogers.

Epic stuff from the boy, pretty sure Sky will be giving him new conract with a nice pay rise :)

TRENDING THREADS