• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Sepp Kuss is the next Sepp Kuss thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
Der Effe said:
Flamin said:
Der Effe also posts on Wielerflits in the exact same (annoying) fashion. Better not bother too much...

Another great argument thrown my way. Do they have schools in Belgium?

You expect people to go into a discussion with you when you start throwing insults for no reason? Okay.

You’re the one walking into an argument with nothing useful to say, not me. I pretty much refuted every word that came out of his mouth.

Der Effe said:
Flamin said:
Der Effe said:
Flamin said:
Der Effe also posts on Wielerflits in the exact same (annoying) fashion. Better not bother too much...

Another great argument thrown my way. Do they have schools in Belgium?

You expect people to go into a discussion with you when you start throwing insults for no reason? Okay.

You’re the one walking into an argument with nothing useful to say, not me. I pretty much refuted every word that came out of his mouth.

I'm the one walking into an argument now, yet you were going to put Logic-is-your-friend on ignore hence ending the discussion. Make up your mind ;)

Anyway, I never wanted to be part of the 'discussion', I was only pointing out to Logic-is-your-friend (and maybe others as well) that this is your usual style of posting, that's it.

Benoot worked his ass of in the TDF in the first week for Greipel in 2017, he still managed to finish 20th. You are so hell bent on claiming your version of the truth, that you lose any sort of perspective. Benoot weighs 71kg. Him being born into cycling (while still persuing an academic carreer btw) doesn't change the fact that he has to HAUL those extra kg up the hill. You keep insisting that i'm not looking at the big picture from Kuss' perspective, but you are very much guilty of exactly that.

And after all is said and done, we come back to the topic at hand. Judging Kuss' achievements in Utah. And i can only take those at face value. He beat Hermans and other 3rd tier climbers. We'll see how that translates to achievements among a more elite startlist. No need to act butthurt because i won't jump onto the hype train. If he can confirm this form in Spain, then we can talk.

PS: you can still put me on ignore. You go to my profile (click my name/image) and add me to your foes. That's the same as putting me on ignore. Feel free to do so, because unless you start posting in a normal way, with a minimum of courtesy, i have no interest in engaging in further debates with you. The choice is yours.

This is the watts he was pushing on the climbs:
"Impressive figures from Sepp Kuss. For reference, he weighs just over 130 pounds (58kg). So that’s around 6.1 watts/kg for half an hour on stage 5. "

DkjkbghX4AERFmE.jpg:large

Although some sites list him @ 64kg so I don't know if he really lost 6kg, seems a lot.

Re:

Lequack said:
This is the watts he was pushing on the climbs:
"Impressive figures from Sepp Kuss. For reference, he weighs just over 130 pounds (58kg). So that’s around 6.1 watts/kg for half an hour on stage 5. "

DkjkbghX4AERFmE.jpg:large

Although some sites list him @ 64kg so I don't know if he really lost 6kg, seems a lot.

He weighed 60 kg 2 years ago - https://cyclingtips.com/2016/04/meet-sepp-kuss-revelation-of-the-2016-redlands-classic/ and he wasn't eating healthy or training professionally back then.
Also he said he was pretty heavy at the beginning of the season - https://www.velonews.com/2018/08/news/kuss-learning-to-suffer-in-first-worldtour-season_474048 Source of the sites that list him @64 kg is probably LottoNL website. I think they've taken his weight from winter. I wouldn't be surprised if he really weighs 58 kg now and surely it isn't 64 kg.

For those wondering about the origin of his name - his mom's side of the family is German.

Gigs_98 said:
Koronin said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Koronin said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Why is he called Sepp, by the way? Is he of recent Dutch or Flemish extraction?

No idea, however just being American means you can end up with a name from pretty much anywhere or a totally made up name. There are some interesting names over here.

Sure, Americans get called anything under the Sun, a melting pot nation and all that. But even so, I don’t think I’ve ever known of a Sepp without some Dutch speaking family somewhere.

Ok. I can understand that. It took me until I was in my late 30's to meet someone else with my name let alone the spelling of it. (Uncommon name with an even more uncommon spelling. My mom is big on phonetics.) My name is of German heritage.
As an Austrian I'm now quite interested in what your name is :D

About the whole Sepp is a Dutch name thing, in German speaking countries the name Sepp is quite common too however it's mostly used as a nickname for people called Josef.

I actually thought it may be a nickname when I first heard it.

Kuss at Utah was impressive and given his late transition to cycling a steep improvement is to be expected, allthough MTB is also riding a bike. Its not like Roglic who really went into completely new territory.

Kuss can proof himself in Europe, maybe allready at the Vuelta, but he might be as well nothing special there.

https://www.velonews.com/2018/09/news/sepp-kuss-drops-the-pounds-to-drop-his-rivals_477677
Weight makes a huge difference when trying to drop rivals on climbs in today’s super-sleek peloton at the WorldTour level. By summer, Kuss hit his ideal race weight of 61 kilograms — about 134 pounds — just in time for his major season goals.

How did he knock the pounds off? Kuss said getting a handle on his weight meant learning to become more professional as well as more disciplined with his diet.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
https://www.velonews.com/2018/09/news/sepp-kuss-drops-the-pounds-to-drop-his-rivals_477677
Weight makes a huge difference when trying to drop rivals on climbs in today’s super-sleek peloton at the WorldTour level. By summer, Kuss hit his ideal race weight of 61 kilograms — about 134 pounds — just in time for his major season goals.

How did he knock the pounds off? Kuss said getting a handle on his weight meant learning to become more professional as well as more disciplined with his diet.

He's not the first rider I've heard talk about becoming disciplined with diet. Glad he figured that out fairly early.

Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Currently he's second last in Pais Vasco over 36 minutes down... Only Nicolas Sessler is doing worse.
He was also pretty poor in the opening ITT with a steep climb that should suit him.

Anybody know what's up? He also didn't finish Catalunya and Ruta Del Sol wasn't exactly great either.

I think he had a crash in winter and also crashed at stage 2 of Itzulia this year. So first he had bad form because of the injury in the offseason and then he crashed again.

TRENDING THREADS