Teams & Riders Sergio Higuita discussion thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
had high hopes for martinez and higuita, but they are not quite there as i had hoped for a variety of reasons. seems a shame to be pinning all hopes on uran. then again carthy seems to be outperforming m and h. and the team prize (isn't that what its all about?) is still in play... ;-)

End of the season for Higuita. This was supposed to be his peak year and a lot was expected of him. It turned out to be a nightmare for him. Very strange that is done for the year. Maybe they know something that we don't know but weird nevertheless.

https://www.revistamundociclistico.com/2020/sergio-higuita-da-por-terminada-su-temporada-2020/
Nothing weird about that. He injured himself badly in the Tour, tried to make a comeback but clearly didn't have the level to compete.

It wouldn't have made much sense to limp himself through the final month of the season.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Oct 5, 2018
It's a shame we didn't get to see Higuita's GC capabilities in a GT this post COVID season.

Do we still expect him to be a top 10 candidate in a GT soon, or just a hilly classics and one week race GC rider (for now)?

Just a gut feeling but I think he will be a Valverde-like rider. Capable of good GC but not necessarily as strong in GTs as in classics and short stage races.

He did finish 14th in his GT debut in his first year in WT so he should be capable of good GC provided he will come back to his pre-lockdown level.

Just a gut feeling but I think he will be a Valverde-like rider. Capable of good GC but not necessarily as strong in GTs as in classics and short stage races.

He did finish 14th in his GT debut in his first year in WT so he should be capable of good GC provided he will come back to his pre-lockdown level.
He's said in interviews he wants to be a Valverde-like rider. Link to article on the first page.

Mar 13, 2021
Was a good performance going with the best 5 riders in the stage at first. Seems in very good form. To bad for him hè suffered hypothermia. Impossible to recover from that during the stage.

looking forward to what hè can do in Basque and the Ardennes though!

ASK THE COMMUNITY