• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Set TFF free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too bad that CN's failure to deal with trolls end up getting other members banned because they get frustrated.

Hopefully he will be back in a day or two. Considering that a certain troll seems to have free reign here, anything longer than that would be an insult to the normal members.

It is ridiculous that there are a gaggle of obvious trolls who periodically get banned and then are allowed to immediately create another account. Then there are the drive-by trolls, who once a week or so make their contribution to The Clinic, which is a pathetic display of whinging about people discussing subjects The Clinic was intended for. I agree with the post above. The obvious blatant trolling frustrates people.

Heck, there is still an IP ban on my main address. I eventually got tired of trying to get it reversed.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
TFF will be back in 48 hours. Unfortunately he chose to engage in unacceptable behaviour in response to a troll rather than use the forum's built-in methods for notifying the moderators, despite being previously warned.

I welcome all of you to flag any post - or trolls - that you feel are inappropriate up to the moderators using the reporting system within the forum. People often post about us not addressing issues, however those are - generally speaking - people who have never brought an issue forward with the moderators.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

A

Anonymous

Can someone clarify what exactly is a "troll" and why is it such a bad thing? :confused:

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
He called Arbiter/BanProCycling/BritishProCycling/Progressor/whatever something that sounds similar to a chicken plucker who utilises the facilities in parks late at night and a few other things.

Did I say that without being naughty?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
TFF will be back in 48 hours. Unfortunately he chose to engage in unacceptable behaviour in response to a troll rather than use the forum's built-in methods for notifying the moderators, despite being previously warned.

I welcome all of you to flag any post - or trolls - that you feel are inappropriate up to the moderators using the reporting system within the forum. People often post about us not addressing issues, however those are - generally speaking - people who have never brought an issue forward with the moderators.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Thanks for the update Greg. I am sure it must be frustrating babysitting the various kids here on the forum.

Some may be skeptical of the effectiveness of reporting a poster when the only result is continued trolling, baiting, and disrupting of threads.

When a poster makes an obviously *** statement in an effort to bait others it is hard not to point out that he is a genius.

Greg Johnson said:

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Why should we waste our time by reporting the trolls and their sock puppets when you don't do a damned thing about them. Thread after thread, post after post are littered with their crap and it should be plain for all to see. Somebody like BPC and his sock puppets should never be allowed to post here again and yet he is still playing his games here and it seems to be tolerated.

Sorry, but I'll stick to reporting the spammers. They are at least removed.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
B.Rasmussen said:
Why should we waste our time by reporting the trolls and their sock puppets when you don't do a damned thing about them.

Your comments are made in a thread that was brought about because the inappropriate behaviour of a user was reported by another user, which led to one user being temporarily banned and another receiving an infraction. Clearly, we do act on these reports or this thread wouldn't exist.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
geez louise. the people in this forum sure do spend a lot of time complaining about each other.

try this: next time someone writes something you don't like, ignore it. it is really easy.

IMO, there should be only one thing that gets someone banned and that is spamming.

other than that, you can call me anything you like, go off topic, disagree with me, whatever, and it won't get my panties in a bunch. go ahead, try it. call me some names. i won't report you or put you on "ignore". on the contrary, i would defend you to the site admins if someone else reported you.

so, bring back TFF and that other guy who is always changing his name.

gregod said:
geez louise. the people in this forum sure do spend a lot of time complaining about each other.

try this: next time someone writes something you don't like, ignore it. it is really easy.

IMO, there should be only one thing that gets someone banned and that is spamming.

other than that, you can call me anything you like, go off topic, disagree with me, whatever, and it won't get my panties in a bunch. go ahead, try it. call me some names. i won't report you or put you on "ignore". on the contrary, i would defend you to the site admins if someone else reported you.

so, bring back TFF and that other guy who is always changing his name.

I'm pretty sure that other guy is still with us, he has just morphed again.
And by the way you are a @%!&% and a +&^%*(# and on top of that your mom $#@*&^%!@# troopships %&^$)*& and ^%$#@!*. And I say that with all due respect.

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Well I agree with one part of gregod posts, I think nobody should be banned unless they start creating "sock puppets" so I was fine with this BPC guy he was just annoying, I didn't know him as arbiter. Frankly how I see it you ignore people you don't want to talk to.

A

Anonymous

Dang, I didn't know this thread existed until now. I have to say that you guys are really nice and I thank you sincerely, now lick my balls.:D

A

Anonymous

Hey, its the one real edge I have over Armstrong. Yea, he's rich, slept with several famous, beautiful women, won lots of races, gets to hang out with all sorts of famous people, etc, etc, etc, but I have two balls. Two of 'em...well, I also have a bit more integrity, but the ball thing is the really important one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS