• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Shopping for 29er

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a new MTB. I have had a 1997 specialized M2 comp for the past couple years and have upgraded it many times and it is a fully XTR bike but last year at Iceman it was very clear that it is time to retire it as a race bike. I broke my seatpost, LOL

So I have been looking at different bikes and trying to keep it around 2000 dollars or so. I am not sure i want a full suspension. I think the trails I ride don't necesitate one and I am looking for a 29er. the Gary Fisher Paragon has caught my eye and i have heard good things.

I am looking for other recommendations.

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
29er good

I have a hardtail Willits w/ an ancient CX-1 fork and its pretty close to the comfort level as my '05 Blur Classic(pre LT/XC).I run Nanoraptors on it and it flies up,down,even on the street.The big wheel factor makes the fs option almost pointless,esp. if yr on a budget.No budget ,how about a Tallboy?!My friend has a Niner fs it is super smooth.
Either way you'll love yr 29er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

euphrades said:
I am looking for a new MTB. I have had a 1997 specialized M2 comp for the past couple years and have upgraded it many times and it is a fully XTR bike but last year at Iceman it was very clear that it is time to retire it as a race bike. I broke my seatpost, LOL

So I have been looking at different bikes and trying to keep it around 2000 dollars or so. I am not sure i want a full suspension. I think the trails I ride don't necesitate one and I am looking for a 29er. the Gary Fisher Paragon has caught my eye and i have heard good things.

I am looking for other recommendations.

http://gunnarbikes.com/site/bikes/rock-hound

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a Salsa el Mariachi '29er single speed. Very smooth.

DSC_5738.jpg

A

Anonymous

I love the 29er format

In November '08 I got a Gary F "Cobia". I really like the 29er size. The Cobia is enough for my needs, which is basically something to plow through snow and ice when I can't ride the roads. But it is a tank. Orbea makes a carbon 29er which is the Mt. bike of my dreams.