• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Should there be another sub-forum?

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Should there be another sub-forum to discuss things like the recent VO2max thread? Or the discussions which have been had on VAM.

A place to discuss physiology, sport science and it's application to cycling, as well as some tolerance for discussion of (illicit) ergogenic aids. These topics are separate from what Cav might have said, or someone particular moral stand point on doping. Yet are not "general" nor appropriate for the "professional cycling" forum.

The clinic has some good threads, with insightful contribution from people who understand and those that want to understand science applied cycling and other sports. Most of it has nothing to do with doping.

Alternatively, point me to where I might find such a forum!

Fester said:
Should there be another sub-forum to discuss things like the recent VO2max thread? Or the discussions which have been had on VAM.

A place to discuss physiology, sport science and it's application to cycling, as well as some tolerance for discussion of (illicit) ergogenic aids. These topics are separate from what Cav might have said, or someone particular moral stand point on doping. Yet are not "general" nor appropriate for the "professional cycling" forum.

The clinic has some good threads, with insightful contribution from people who understand and those that want to understand science applied cycling and other sports. Most of it has nothing to do with doping.

Alternatively, point me to where I might find such a forum!

I can certainly follow you - more often than not you have to dig deep to find the interesting quality bits in the clinic. Personally I'm interested in the factual stuff more than anything, so recently the threads on Conta and Clen are 90% garbage and repeat garbage, where as a small portion is actually insightful details and discussions.

I know what you suggest is not related to what I describe, but it could definitely help separate some of the deeper threads and I would definitely be a regular reader, hopefully poster... More often than not I don't even bother with getting into the scientific discussions too much because things are so easily derailed into "you're just saying that because you're a hater/fanboy of *insert name*".

Not a bad idea, not bad at all...

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Myself, I wish the rules were flexible enough so that threads like this did not have to go elsewhere. The Clinic is like a community of people who's primary discussion topic might be doping, but they also like to discuss physiology and related topics. Physiology without relating to doping is not such a bad thing, and it's OK to want to discuss it with people one is familiar with.

BotanyBay said:
Myself, I wish the rules were flexible enough so that threads like this did not have to go elsewhere. The Clinic is like a community of people who's primary discussion topic might be doping, but they also like to discuss physiology and related topics. Physiology without relating to doping is not such a bad thing, and it's OK to want to discuss it with people one is familiar with.
i think yes, you should be able to discuss doping in the Form and Fitness thread
or vice versa. that would yield some interesting discussions.