• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Should triathletes be allowed on bikes?

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
laziali said:
This is too good not to post. Arms-warmers with a Tri-top, no socks, ridiculously oversized water bottle. Comedy Gold!!!

Yup, laugh it up. Triathletes are a goofy looking bunch. Must be nice to be in a fashionable sport. ;)

red_bike_shorts_1.jpg

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Granville57 said:
And what, exactly, was your search query when you dug this one up? :eek:

I just searched for "cyclist" and after a few pages of Lance and EPO advertisements this came up! :D

(Pssst...kitty is no "man")

Yeah, in addition to sucking at the internet, I'm also a misogynist apparently. I blame chlorine. Sorry kitty!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tri-Fred said:
I just searched for "cyclist" and after a few pages of Lance and EPO advertisements this came up! :D

It's actually been circulated quite a bit. I posted it myself in one of these threads a couple of years ago. :p

Which just goes to show that we make fun of our own and ourselves. Life's too short...

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:
It's actually been circulated quite a bit. I posted it myself in one of these threads a couple of years ago. :p

Which just goes to show that we make fun of our own and ourselves. Life's too short...

Traditional bike shorts are black for a good reason.Our club team had pale blue for a few seasons.Never again.

laziali said:
This is too good not to post. Arms-warmers with a Tri-top, no socks, ridiculously oversized water bottle. Comedy Gold!!!

AndreasRaelertBike.jpg

is that a powerade bottle between his wrists too? looks novel...

and that race number looks to be in an uncomfortable position too!
could explain why his knicks are riding up only one leg??

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Archibald said:

All that aero effort and he forgot to wear lycra shoe covers - rookie mistake!

Archibald said:

While there might be some things to criticise, the size of bottles is likely a function of the duration the rider expects to be out there for and the conditions, so hard to legitimately criticise on that front if they don't expect to see a water station for several hours.

As for the bottle between the arms, done right, this has the potential to improve overall aerodynamics. I'm not saying that's the case in this instance, but do not dismiss it lightly. You won't see it in UCI rule time trial because it's not permitted.

As for comfort, that's an individual thing. The race number? Which one? I see nothing particularly awkward with a number. The one on the rear of frame under saddle looks pretty normal, similar to many a number placement in a bike race.

Race Radio said:
Says the guy posting on a message board......

If you look around this, and other, cycling forums you will see threads that heckle fast masters dopers, fanboy groupies, the media, manufactures, team owners, riders. etc. Don't take it personally, you are in good company. All areas of the sport have ******bags. Tri geeks to Protour riders..... the ****** is strong

Couldn't stay away for the whole 3 months - too irresistible. I guess I should point out, RR, I have 19 posts to your 8,000+. I do have other things to do. Are you on these forums all freaking day? Ok, I'm doing those other things now. Carry on. Peace out.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Soloist said:
Couldn't stay away for the whole 3 months - too irresistible. I guess I should point out, RR, I have 19 posts to your 8,000+. I do have other things to do. Are you on these forums all freaking day? Ok, I'm doing those other things now. Carry on. Peace out.

@ Soloist - You do realize RR was actually saying that the good natured criticisms are not directed solely at triathletes, don't you? Kind of supporting you in a way, yet you still see fit to criticize. Interesting way to isolate yourself even further. In regards to posts, is this is a pi$$ing contest? If it really bothers you that much what someone else does with their life and time (remembering that RR is in the professional cycling business), then maybe you're too thin skinned to be spending time here.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Soloist said:

I am sure the "Other things" you are doing are as meaningless as your incomprehensible posts here.

It is not my fault you cannot multitask

Still in all, our Soloist friend does have a point buried in there. Let's say some one has been posting here for, four years. And in the time he has, oh, let's say 8000 posts. If you average 10 minutes per post, allowing for time spent perusing, focusing, reading, digesting, formulating, and typing a response, that seems pretty reasonable. Your total is 80,000 minutes spent here on the Forum.

That translates into more than 1330 hours, or 55 (24 hour) days, or 166 workdays (8 hour) which is 33 (5 day ) work weeks, or more than 8 working weeks a year, of time spent living and breathing the Forum. If you cut the per post time in half, that's still 4 weeks a year, or what I used to take in vacation.

With that kind of commitment to keeping everyone here well informed, it is hard to invision any meaningful saddle time left over. Hell. I'm retired, and I can only manage 5K to 6K of road miles a year, what with family time, and other commitments. But hey... if you're getting all the mileage and exercise you need and want, and spending that much time here in the Forum, then you are living a much fuller life than most of us.

Good on ya!!

Race Radio said:
I am sure the "Other things" you are doing are as meaningless as your incomprehensible posts here.

It is not my fault you cannot multitask

8624 posts, and countless minutes you can never get back. Just think of it, you could have written a book with all that typing. In a way, you have written a book, only it's complete horsesh1t.

Comprende?

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Soloist said:
8624 posts, and countless minutes you can never get back. Just think of it, you could have written a book with all that typing. In a way, you have written a book, only it's complete horsesh1t.

Comprende?

....sadly those last two posts do paint a rather unpleasant picture don't they...

Cheers

Gentle(wo)men,
the forum rules that apply in all other threads also apply here. Attack the message not the messenger, and stay on topic.

This thread is a disgrace for personal attacks, if it keeps up the offending parties WILL be baninated and possibly this thread closed.

cheers
bison

TRENDING THREADS