• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sinkewitz feeling the force of omerta?

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Sinkewitz in limbo as time runs out | Cyclingnews.com

Given how he ratted out Kloden and the T-Mobile team in the 2006 TdF when they went off to Frieburg for their transfusions, spoke openly about his doping practices (the Classics, the Tour of Germany, and the TdF were his cycles), what happened during his time at Quick Step, he was left riding for a small Czech squad. Markus Fothen I believe, wanted to punch him in the face (that was the impression I got from Fothen's reaction. And if Fothen is doping, it sure as hell ain't working), Linus Gerdemann disowned him as a person, and now Sinkewitz can't get a gig.

Omerta, eh.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Fothen was definitely doping in about 2006 when he was leading Cunego in the Tour white jersey going into the final chrono.

There was also alot of mail on the German team with TinTin Wegeman and Fothen at the u23 Worlds in 2003, when Fothen won the chrono. Supposedly they all got on the gear, and there was strong encouragement to use the one chosen provider for all enhancement gear.

It has been pretty clean, Ciolek, Fothen, and Fothen have been running scared the past 18 months, and have modified their medical programs.

Too bad one of the supposedly "clean" teams, like Garmin, won't hire him. The teams are selling the public the story that clean riders can win. I guess it does not include clean riders who might talk.

Where is Bikepure when you need them? I am sure there is some sort of pretzel logic that can be used to spin this as the death of omerta.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Millar good, Jaksche and Sinkewitz bad.

And JJ and PS have been alot more illuminating and transparent than Davey Boy Rockstar Bikethrower ever was.

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I really hope that Sinkewitz is never again employed in the sport of cycling...
and as for the "Millar good, jaksche and sinkewitz bad" IMO they are all cheating ***s and Millar is contradictory to Garmin's 'goal' of a clean team... but also pursuing contador, among other interesting choices, make you wonder how dedicated garmin truely is towards clean sport.
I have been told by many people who have raced on the same team as Sinkewitz that he is a complete idiot, simply too stupid to understand that he was doping. but i dont think that is a good excuse.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
cav4life said:
and as for the "Millar good, jaksche and sinkewitz bad" IMO they are all cheating ***s and Millar is contradictory to Garmin's 'goal' of a clean team... but also pursuing contador, among other interesting choices, make you wonder how dedicated garmin truely is towards clean sport.
I have been told by many people who have raced on the same team as Sinkewitz that he is a complete idiot, simply too stupid to understand that he was doping. but i dont think that is a good excuse.

yeah, and Max Sciandri and Cav are just pure as white snow. Risible post.

Apr 17, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
yeah, and Max Sciandri and Cav are just pure as white snow. Risible post.

In fairness to Sciandri, I remember a Cycle Sport interview where he bemoaned the reliance on 'medicine'. He actually said that in public, on the record, a long time ago. In the scheme of things that's quite a big statement, in my book. YMMV.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I do not buy the argument that if you cannot get a job - after getting caught doping and then "ratting" on your work mates - it is due to OMERTA.

A hiring manager should first and foremost hire talented riders who have NOT been caught doping. If hiring managers ONLY hired talented riders who have NEVER been caught doping - the sport would grow cleaner.

Hiring CLEAN, never been busted "Whistle Blowers" would also be great for the sport. As the sport grew cleaner - the clean Whistle Blowers would have less and less to whistle about.

However, when a hiring manager decides to hire a doper(eg Basso) instead of a combination doper/stool pigeon(eg Ricco) - it is not because of OMERTA.

It is because most stool pigeons are also dicks.
And who wants to hire dicks?
That is not OMERTA.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
I do not buy the argument that if you cannot get a job - after getting caught doping and then "ratting" on your work mates - it is due to OMERTA.

A hiring manager should first and foremost hire talented riders who have NOT been caught doping. If hiring managers ONLY hired talented riders who have NEVER been caught doping - the sport would grow cleaner.

Hiring CLEAN, never been busted "Whistle Blowers" would also be great for the sport. As the sport grew cleaner - the clean Whistle Blowers would have less and less to whistle about.

However, when a hiring manager decides to hire a doper(eg Basso) instead of a combination doper/stool pigeon(eg Ricco) - it is not because of OMERTA.

That is not OMERTA.

Translation?

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:

That is not OMERTA.

I can see your logic, but why are you arguing this way? Ricco was hired by a team that needed a recognizable name and didn't give a sh*t his reputation - good luck getting invited to big races Ceramica.

First time Ceramica gets invited to a decent race and Ricco attacks like the jacked-up genius he is and drops everyone - it's over for him and his team. (See 2008 tour)

Basso knows how to play it cool. Look at the giro last year - gave it his all and no results (it would appear the dude was actually clean). As a matter of fact, what were Basso's results last year? Not much, but ok right?

Both are guilty, caught red handed. Ricco's a genius. Basso is not a genius. Thus any competent "hiring manager" would take Basso over Ricco any day.

That's Omerta.

cav4life said:
What i really hope is that one day in a lonely alley, i will stumble upon this *** and break his cheating skull.
and as for the "Millar good, jaksche and sinkewitz bad" IMO they are all cheating assholes and Millar is contradictory to Garmin's 'goal' of a clean team... but also pursuing contador, among other interesting choices, make you wonder how dedicated garmin truely is towards clean sport.

Your knuckles drag the ground when you walk, don't they?

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
Millar good, Jaksche and Sinkewitz bad.

And JJ and PS have been alot more illuminating and transparent than Davey Boy Rockstar Bikethrower ever was.

No one will hire a slow former doper.

A

Anonymous

flicker said:
Can someone fill me in on bad boy sinkwiez. I heard nothing good about him but I would like to hear the full story.

Don't they have Google where you live?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
Don't they have Google where you live?

Guy has not done anything bad the rest of the riders havn't. I know he sang but good. I still love the former team T-Mobile.... accusations bother me not at all.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
woodburn said:
Sinkewitz actually had a couple pretty good results for PSK Whirlpool. He won the queen stage and the overall at the Sachsen Tour.

I was being snarky in that comment. Not being familiar with that race would it be significant enough to attract ProTour attention? Alot of the names that continue to ride after their revelations of PED use were big media draws in their home country. Reports in some of these forums portray the German media (fans?) as far less sympathetic. Could that also play into his unpopularity?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Linus Gerdemann disowned him as a person, and now Sinkewitz can't get a gig.

Omerta, eh.

Hahah. If only we could dismiss other people as no longer belonging to the human race. That thinking is very funny. Good work Linus. That is priceless.:D

TRENDING THREADS