• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky & Astana Train vs No Garmin Train

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Netserk said:
Do you think his progression has been steady or not? Simple question.

Seriously? Holy crapola.

Progression cannot be measured as long as all the data you have is corrupt.

What do you not understand about that simple concept?

That's why Contador is no better than Chiappucci. All the data is corrupt. Every single piece. (And why he will forever be known as Clentadoppucci!)

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
Seriously? But those who called me a racist can go on posting their stupidity. What is this The Daily Peloton?

Lol.

who called you racist? I still find this thread a little pointless and it does seem like you happen to be venting your dislike for one particular rider who has been linked to the same Doctor that countless other riders have been linked to. We get it, you think Ivano Fanini was telling the truth and that Nibali cheated, and that he is still cheating because he went to Astana because they dope there, not because they're paying him millions. Do you have anything new though? Surely Ryder was doped last season when he beat riders who either have had a doping history(scarponi, basso etc) or that have had doping links(Purito)? Hey, and look who is 2nd in the Giro? Evans, who has confirmed he had a "test" with Ferrari? Why aren't you in his thread being all outraged? So, what's with the agenda, here? At least we know that Nibali is at least talented going downhill without doping.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Nibali is at a different level in this Giro to where he has been before. His climbing is now stellar and not an ounce of effort needed. Up hill he looks as if he could sprint away at will from everyone if he wanted too(looks like purito does now). His career has been good but here and in the build up to the giro Nibs has just looked more than the rider he has been in the past. Im not buying it one bit.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
Data

Although I don't think it supports his claim.

Not really.But my eyes tell me all I need to know. Data is good but only when used in the correct context, and in this case you haven't supported it with what actually happened on the stage and used places when for instance certain riders accelerated with ease or rode back on easily.

I on the other hand have not used any data only what I saw so far.

Still I dont believe my eyes.

So you're judging him based on something he hasn't done? Many expected him to be the top climber coming into the race, and that is close to the truth given his historical performances and who has shown up to the race (especially with Wiggins/Hesjedal out of the picture). It's not like any of the top3 climbers are here... He has shown on many occasions that his top level climbing is solid (Bola, Mortirolo, Verbier, Etna) but has often struggled to hit that mark consistently throughout the race.

Yeh that one! Etna wasn't bad (if you think Contador's performance was superhuman) doesn't show it in the results but given it was only 6% his big turn in the last few km was impressive, unless I fail at remembering it and it was Garzelli :eek:

Then there's Prati di Tivo last year where he accelerated away and won, and Peyresourde where he attacked with ease and Friggins could only wind him in slowly.

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Nibali does look to be on a form I've never seen him in before. However, that may be confidence, and not necessarily an exceptionally amazing performance. His performance here, rather, is what I've expected from someone who's always been an upper tier climber and very good GC contedor. Unlike Christopher Froome who almost literally came out of nowhere to be one of the best TTers and Climbers in the sport.

JV has said Sky have a very good payroll and can pay for the best riders, but watching 6 of their dudes ride up a mountain is far too much like old US Postal than I really care to stomach anymore. I can't say I'm comforted by Uran's performance there.

I'm a lot more suspicious of these random Sky riders suddenly being elite level than people like Nibali who've been consistent over the years and finally finding their form. This doesn't mean I don't believe Nibali has doped - his links to Ferrari are enough to confirm that. The question is whether or not is he currently doping, and we have no way to tell that.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
mouth closed. sitting on his saddle. lets santambrogio win.

what a freakin' joke.

another stunning win for the hematologist.

what are you talking about? Nibali hasnt doped since 2008, it was the training at tenerife that made him lose weight and improve his climbing to 6.0w/kg

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Mishrak said:
Nibali does look to be on a form I've never seen him in before.

Big Doopie said:

what a freakin' joke.

With this form he and his doctor will go on to win the TdF and possibly the Vuelta as well you think?

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Big Doopie said:

what a freakin' joke.

Awww, someone is mad that their favourite rider wont win this year. There there...

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
whittashau said:
Awww, someone is mad that their favourite rider wont win this year. There there...

Awww, someone who spends most of his spare time ranting about a bunch of suspected dopers can't tolerate criticism towards a Ferrari-client and doesn't realize he's being a massive hypocrite. :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS