• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

Page 41 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
time travellers lass

thehog said:
She is Lance's alter ego. Like its all completely normal that a guy who only leant to ride a bike when he was 25 is now going to win the Tour.

so not only is froome an alien but he is a time traveller..........how old was he riding for barloworld..............1st time EVER on a bike in the tour?

Mark L

the sceptic said:
2003 Mickaël Buffaz (FRA)
2004 Stéphane Conan (FRA)
2005 Frédéric Lubach (FRA)
2006 Stephan Kushlev (BUL)
2007 Chris Froome (KEN)
2008 Piotr Zielinski (POL)
2009 Frederik Wilmann (NOR)
2010 Jean-Luc Delpech (FRA)
2011 Mark McNally (GBR)
2012 David Veilleux (CAN)

Who would have thought one of these guys would turn out to be the best rider in the world.

Well if we take Pentacycle's word for it, he didn't know how to ride a bike back then so he must have beat the opposition running.

Just imagine the amount of talent froome must have to beat european guys on bicycles while running!!!!!!

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
You should check the definition for slow progression. Froomes progression is like a mountain stage in the vuelta. Flat for the majority. Then a straight line up, zing.

Except he's still on the rise. And it doesn't seem like he's reached his top level yet. Doesn't sound like he performed purely on the juice in 2011, his engine, endurance and bike handling are still getting better.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Pentacycle said:
Except he's still on the rise. And it doesn't seem like he's reached his top level yet. Doesn't sound like he performed purely on the juice in 2011, his engine, endurance and bike handling are still getting better.

lol. just wait until he reaches his peak and learns how to handle a bike! then he will be the first clean rider to beat Pantani at the alpe and TT like Indurain.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Well if we take Pentacycle's word for it, he didn't know how to ride a bike back then so he must have beat the opposition running.

Just imagine the amount of talent froome must have to beat european guys on bicycles while running!!!!!!

It's a fact Froome crashed a lot in the years leading to his breakthrough, now he's much better than he used to be. I feel a lack of respect here btw, I'm dead serious.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
So the great Froome finally wins an ITT. I'm shocked!! I thought that someone so awesome would've won an ITT by now. But alas no, not even in the small s**t races he's entered.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
lol. just wait until he reaches his peak and learns how to handle a bike! then he will be the first clean rider to beat Pantani at the alpe and TT like Indurain.

That might just happen, just not at the same speeds.

He can handle his bike pretty wel now, but I'm not a Sky insider who knows all about Froome. And not a fanboy either.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
It's sounds as if you've been hacked:eek:

Well, at first, I was very suspicious of Sky, especially back in 2011 when they still had Leinders, and Froome suddenly broke through.(not to the level of twittering about hating Froome though, if I had twitter) However, both Wiggo and Froome have been so consistent over the last seasons, that their suspicion has lowered somewhat. I'm therefore just arguing that there could be some plausible explanation for Froome's rise, or rather to the delay in his rise. Wiggo's a bit of a mystery for me though.

But I usually don't make sense as well, so it makes no difference really. ;)

Pentacycle said:
Well, at first, I was very suspicious of Sky, especially back in 2011 when they still had Leinders, and Froome suddenly broke through.(not to the level of twittering about hating Froome though, if I had twitter) However, both Wiggo and Froome have been so consistent over the last seasons, that their suspicion has lowered somewhat. I'm therefore just arguing that there could be some plausible explanation for Froome's rise, or rather to the delay in his rise. Wiggo's a bit of a mystery for me though.

But I usually don't make sense as well, so it makes no difference really. ;)

Why would consistency make them less suspicious? I am gonna use my Alberto argument again, he was also consistent but still a doper

May 26, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Why would consistency make them less suspicious? I am gonna use my Alberto argument again, he was also consistent but still a doper

Maybe like Froome and his BFF Wiggans, Contador should ride with a British License, then he'd have lots of Anglo defenders!

LaFlorecita said:

I would guess the following is the thought.

Troughs when blood is net withdrawn.
Peaks when a bag is infused.

Blood doping and consistency is much harder to do.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Why not? He is already doing 6.0w/kg

Well to beat Pantani's time's he will need 6.6w/kg

Damn.. Froome is looking thin huh.. Rasmussen and Froome would be best buddies. They could share 'Dietary' tricks with eachother :D

Lol seriously look at his legs,, but still putting out them watts ^^

May 28, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

What I was trying to point out is that some here act like Froome is an untalented rider, totally unworthy of riding as well as he's doing atm. Consistency perhaps shows that he is indeed talented, however it doesn't necessarily indicate total cleanliness.

Pentacycle said:
What I was trying to point out is that some here act like Froome is an untalented rider, totally unworthy of riding as well as he's doing atm. Consistency perhaps shows that he is indeed talented, however it doesn't necessarily indicate total cleanliness.

He is untalented. His own team manager, the guy with the eagle eye for spotting and developing talent, rated him as the worst rider on the team, a rider who was barely adequate for low-level domestique duty. Then suddenly, when he was in need of a new contract, he transformed into the best rider on the team. Not normal.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
I'd suggest you to examine the progression of Riis.

He was 29 when he first rode to a decent GT placing in 1993, and he won some races in earlier years. He went ballistic for a few years, and then he faded. How is that comparable? Froome was 2nd in the Vuelta at 26.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
BroDeal said:
He is untalented. His own team manager, the guy with the eagle eye for spotting and developing talent, rated him as the worst rider on the team, a rider who was barely adequate for low-level domestique duty. Then suddenly, when he was in need of a new contract, he transformed into the best rider on the team. Not normal.

That chart you're probably talking about was complete nonsense. I've said that before, it was an interpretation of what COULD've been Sky's way of evaluating riders.

Pentacycle said:
That chart you're probably talking about was complete nonsense. I've said that before, it was an interpretation of what COULD've been Sky's way of evaluating riders.

No. It was a recreation of a sketch Brailsfraud made. It is hard to believe that the reporter misplaced the worst rider on the team on the graph. One of the middle riders who were clumped together, sure, but not the very worst rider.

TRENDING THREADS