• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sky/Froome Talk Only (No Way Sky Are Cleans?)

Page 100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Seems to be a tough year for Froome

I don't really blame him:

-All the extra commercial duties/constant PR pressure which he is not used to
-Focus/publishing of everything he does/says -even his fianceé (someone should give better advice on this, or he doesn't listen)
-Internal problems/questions all year (regarding Wiggins)
-TUE case
-Rivals stepping up
-Crashes (Dauphine+Tour)
-Luitenant talking loud of own ambitions this Tour
-DS already looking ahead for a French TDF winner (maybe BS -I know)

The most serious problem he faces is that anything but a win will see him doomed.. No way SKY will support him for next year if he does not win the Tour IMO..

For me -His team (Brailsford) is to blame for most of it.
The relentless pursuit of beeing no 1 each year, combined with the marginal gains/we are clean PR stretegy and beeing british "newcomers" to the sport is just too much to bare for the front figure (hence the short "battery" time) - (Wiggins for exemple)

For a long time I have disliked Froome..
But the more I think about it, He is just a pawn in a bigger game..

Check- mate for Froome soon.. But SKY keeps going, just as the money flow does...

Super Voeckler said:
SlgwDxc.jpg

Looks like a clear violation of the second rule of dope dealing: Don't get high on your own supply.

mrhender said:

-Focus/publishing of everything he does/says -even his fianceé (someone should give better advice on this, or he doesn't listen)
-TUE case
-Rivals stepping up
-Crashes (Dauphine+Tour)

The most serious problem he faces is that anything but a win will see him doomed.. No way SKY will support him for next year if he does not win the Tour IMO..

The relentless pursuit of beeing no 1 each year, combined with the marginal gains/we are clean PR stretegy and beeing british "newcomers" to the sport is just too much to bare for the front figure (hence the short "battery" time) - (Wiggins for exemple)

Check- mate for Froome soon.. But SKY keeps going, just as the money flow does...

You forgot...

x Dealing with Michele.

That's a lot work righty there.

mrhender said:

-TUE case
-Rivals stepping up
-Crashes (Dauphine+Tour)

The Book & his apparent desire to be a 'Superstar', is his single biggest mistake. I can understand a certain desire to cash in while he's in the spotlight, especially as we all know how bad the year after winning generally goes for TdF winners; but, all he's succeeded in doing is alienating 99% of the people around him in Sky, & his main competitors in the peleton.

All he had to do this year was focus on winning again, & leave the fupping books till after that, when the knighthood & all the other sh1te is in the bag .

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
ScienceIsCool said:
My guess is that Froome folds completely some time the end of the first week or beginning of the second week. I just don't see him as mentally tough, and all the negative attention is probably eating him up.

Remember when Armstrong, a guy who never crashed or had any type of tactical errors, all of a sudden found himself bloodied and unable to read/control the race? That was right when he was feeling the pressure too. I have a feeling we'll be something similar from Froome in a couple of weeks.

John Swanson

Totally nailed it...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
You forgot...

x Dealing with Michele.

That's a lot work righty there.
are you follow cath wiggins twitter account?

will there now be gloves off after cound DNF'ed today? oh, i mean dawg dnf'ed.

what will happen to Motoman this July? Does little Richie Porte have enough money to cover the gas costs of Motoman in July? Bruyneel can pour dawgs blood down the toilet. wont need that

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
doperhopper said:
Actually, how about Vroomie doomed already in 2014? Easy to produce some illness or little crash on cobbles and go home, then Little Ritchie steps in and goes full genius, and once in yellow on Champs Elyssees the press will come with a nice story about his french roots to fulfill Brailsfraud's prophecy.

Vroomie part done, now allez Ritchie!

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Red Lobster said:
Since when does Geraint Thomas climb so well? Maybe my bad but I didn't expect to see him riding so well on a stage like today's.

He is preppin' for next year. This year is for porte, next Thomas, then the French to make ASO happy, then a Yates (sky will buy them into the team).

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
thehog said:
I think of the Dawg starts to be on the outta at Sky it might lead him to take more drugs. Like a lot more.

Now that's something I'd like to see. Can you picture the Dawg burning off the camera bikes...while seated? Woot!

veut7t.jpg

Red Lobster said:
Since when does Geraint Thomas climb so well? Maybe my bad but I didn't expect to see him riding so well on a stage like today's.

He has shown it from time to time, but basically he started losing weight after the games in 2012 and with it the climbing has got better.

He wants to be on the GC track rather than the cobbles it seems.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Dawg, who?

He is sitting second overall in the general classification heading into the second part of the Tour. Despite a two minute 23 second deficit to Vincenzo Nibali plus powerful performances from the Italian, he’s nowhere near limiting his ambitions to the runner-up slot.

“If you look at Alberto [Contador] crashing and things like this, I think the goal is to stay on your bike. With that comes hopefully a fight not just for the podium but for the jersey” he said in in the video interview below.

TRENDING THREADS