• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So what do I do now that I don't believe?

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

So another great Giro stage but I'm so frustrated by the certainty that the Liquigas performances are bullshyte that I'm telling myself that the grimaces are for the cameras.....

Why can't we have all riders that have been popped at some time in their career wear a large black X on their jersey so we can concentrate on those who haven't yet been caught? Wouldn't that seem fair?

*Sigh* that's a little jaded....Great ride Arroyo and Cadel considering Vino was riding for 4th from a long way out.... I can't bring myself to say the same for Basso and Nibali:confused:

Anyone else feeling the same with that group?

Saddlesaw said:
Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

So another great Giro stage but I'm so frustrated by the certainty that the Liquigas performances are bullshyte that I'm telling myself that the grimaces are for the cameras.....

Why can't we have all riders that have been popped at some time in their career wear a large black X on their jersey so we can concentrate on those who haven't yet been caught? Wouldn't that seem fair?

*Sigh* that's a little jaded....Great ride Arroyo and Cadel considering Vino was riding for 4th from a long way out.... I can't bring myself to say the same for Basso and Nibali:confused:

Anyone else feeling the same with that group?
http://www.mapeisport.it/IvanBasso/default.asp?LNG=EN

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Enjoy the racing but do not take anything too seriously. It helps if you have a black sense of humor or are very cynical.

Or both....:D

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Maybe Liquigas is using the "doper bikes" as well as the usual microdosing, blood transfusion, and beer drinking method used by Floyd Landis. Their performance seems surreal.

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
FastMatt said:
Maybe Liquigas is using the "doper bikes" as well as the usual microdosing, blood transfusion, and beer drinking method used by Floyd Landis. Their performance seems surreal.
5.5-5.7w/kg is hardly surreal. Just wait for TDF and Alberto riding 7w/kg on climbs. Now that's clean!

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I feel your pain saddlesaw.

I joined this forum last year a couple of weeks before the Dauphine Libere to ask a question about a stage I had seen a couple of years prior.
I came on here with only vague memories of the stage but many people were very helpful with where they thought it took place.

Between reading the replies to my question I poked around all the other areas
of the forum and eventually found my way into the clinic. Wow what an eye
opener.

I won't say I was one of those people who didn't believe that the cyclists weren't doping. No it was worse than that I didn't know anything about doping period.

Being even more honest I lost all interest in watching cycling after Lemond left and I didn't even like Greg back then all that much.
Sure when I heard about Pedro Delgado testing positive I thought it was BS
I mean it wasn't even on the banned list!! ;)
And yeah there were those whispers that my favorite cyclist Gert Jan Theunisse might have been on something stronger than Gatorade.
But they were being whispered by Sam Posey and anyone who has ever watched the Indy 500 knows you take anything Sam says with a grain of salt.

My point is and yes I have a point. I forced myself to watch Le Tour last
year after not having seen it for several years and man was it painful.
I won't say doping has ruined watching cycling for me because I never was all that big on watching it anyway. Although I still love to put the '89 tour
in the vcr and relive some of those memories, although I have to block out
Sam Posey's commentating. But after listening to Phil, Paul, and Bobke maybe
Sam wasn't all that bad.

Then again that doesn't mean that I don't want cycling to be cleaned up.
I now can applaud Floyd Landis.
And am now back everyday looking for any new news.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, I said this four or five days ago to a friend, after another Basso/Nibali tandem ... Shades of Gewiss-Ballan in the early nineties .......

Now, was it '93 or '94 ?? :(

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
FastMatt said:

That Cannondale bike is pretty dope really.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
8 Seconds said:
I feel your pain saddlesaw.

... But after listening to Phil, Paul, and Bobke maybe
Sam wasn't all that bad...

Then again that doesn't mean that I don't want cycling to be cleaned up.
I now can applaud Floyd Landis.
And am now back everyday looking for any new news.

Perusing the clinic, I appear to be the only fan of Liggett's commentating. Is there a poll somewhere in the forums on this specificity? searching now
OTOH I am easily persuaded by anyone speaking in a plummy Oxbridge accent :eek:

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Andy.G said:
Hmmm, I said this four or five days ago to a friend, after another Basso/Nibali tandem ... Shades of Gewiss-Ballan in the early nineties .......

Now, was it '93 or '94 ?? :(

... and more thought on how and why Nibali came to be in the Liquigas team ... a team leader was tracked, caught and banned - not for the outright drug-level or substance-presence type doping, but for the really insidious type of doping, via the passport, blood manipulation ... up pops a God as a replacement.

Up until this moment, I believed.

I DO BELIEVE in Evans, Sastre and even have a certain confidence in Vino.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
meep__ said:
Perusing the clinic, I appear to be the only fan of Liggett's commentating. Is there a poll somewhere in the forums on this specificity? searching now
OTOH I am easily persuaded by anyone speaking in a plummy Oxbridge accent :eek:

That's not Oxbridge at all- Liggett almost sounds like he's from Wales at times.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Andy.G said:
... and more thought on how and why Nibali came to be in the Liquigas team ... a team leader was tracked, caught and banned - not for the outright drug-level or substance-presence type doping, but for the really insidious type of doping, via the passport, blood manipulation ... up pops a God as a replacement.

Up until this moment, I believed.

I DO BELIEVE in Evans, Sastre and even have a certain confidence in Vino.

I don't believe in any of the top ones. Every few months I think Evans might be clean, and then I realise that I'm kidding myself. Ullrich said it best.

TRENDING THREADS