• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So what happens if Contador wins by 39 seconds or less?

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
wayfool said:
Will this be the most controversial win ever?

it'll be plenty controversial, but i don't think anything can top the year indurain turned into a velocoraptor on alpe d'huez.

dino_on_bike.jpg

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
delbified said:
i wonder what bjarne would say to his team if bertie had a mechanical on the final day as the peloton was winding up?
he'll tell them to grab sastre and drill it!

I'd show up at the beginning of the stage with guys in skinsuits and tt bikes. Now THAT would be awesome to see them put 5 minutes into the pelo.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
pfffff.... what if no one waited for frank and andy into spa?

what if contador hadn't stared at andy's *** and actually tore his legs off. (so much luv between them)

what if contatdor had waited for andy and menchov and snachez were now 1 and 2.

what if no one cared

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Steel4Ever said:
No.

The 1999-2006 Tour "wins" are much more controversial.

jeez...you should probably read this statement on the front page of the forums:

"The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures"

Currently, this is the "Professional Road Racing Forum"

Quit being a dumb jack *** and keep the dumb **** out of a legitamate thread.

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
There were many what ifs in this tour. cadel broke his elbow, armstrong fell, chaingate,menchov DIDNT fall! Too many others to write about. I think the tour to this point was great to watch, with much more attacking this year (thanks vino and cunego!) than last year. I think the tour is boring as heck when everyone knows the winner is decided on one stage. Much more dramatic with attacks on almost all mountain stages. It was great. Can't wait to see the Menchov/ Sanchez battle over the TT. I'm pretty sure Menchov will win, but he's yet to fall off so ya never know...

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
If Alberto wins by a slim margin he can then justify ruining Vino's stage win and can justify attacking Andy when his chain dropped.

If Alberto wins by a large margin, it means he did not need to ruin Vino's stage win and did not need to attack Andy when his chain dropped.

I believe Alberto will win by a large margin, and with 20/20 hindsight Alberto will wish he did not chase Vino down or attack Andy like he did.

TRENDING THREADS