• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So you want to be a moderator?

Hi All,

Our forum staff has had a large turnover lately, leaving opening('s) for new moderators.

To quote Susan from the last time we made this same request:
If you have some spare time, can be impartial and reasonably rational, and don't mind any number of vicious personal attacks :D , then this is the job for you!
That's a benign way of saying this job is friggen hard sometimes!

If you're honestly interested in applying for a mod position, please send me a PM or post a comment here.

Cheers,

Dan

I'm unsure if he wants it, but I'd think that King Boonen has what it takes. SeriousSam as well. Lots of great people in the Race Design Thread as well, like Mayo, Brullnux and Gigs (and others not mentioned). Oh, and a shout out for SafeBet.

Cyivel would be somewhat cool as well :)

KB would be great, Mayo too and Safebet. I don't wanna see SeriousSam as a mod as we may lose his sense of humour and great fake trolling posts. How about LS? Or Jackrabbitslims?

Netserk said:
I'm unsure if he wants it, but I'd think that King Boonen has what it takes. SeriousSam as well. Lots of great people in the Race Design Thread as well, like Mayo, Brullnux and Gigs (and others not mentioned). Oh, and a shout out for SafeBet.

Cyivel would be somewhat cool as well :)

Well I'm moving up in the world :D

Joking aside, I'd be pretty unsure of my capabilities. And also I rarely, very rarely visit the clinic.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes Serioussam would be hilarious. Red Rick would be good though. He also has a sense of a humor :D

Not that any of you guys will listen to me though xD I don't have quite a good reputation here :(

Re: Re:

Carols said:
Pricey_sky said:
Im usually fairly impartial, even as a Sky fan. However having Sky in my username and being a mod would probably open the gates for me to receive all sorts of abuse! :D

You sir, are a gentleman and do your utmost to be impartial. I think you'd make a good mod :).

Jspear said:
Nope I don't think you would (well more than any other mod)...always a good/fair poster even when I disagree with your view. I've never felt like punching you through my screen. :p

Thanks for the kind comments :)

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Jspear said:
Valv.Piti said:
SeriousSam is born for this job.

NOOOOOO.

They'd try to find a way to use betting odds to figure out who should be banned.

Objective, super intelligent and funny, 3 traits which are very valuable as a mod

No one is objective when it comes to cycling, but that's okay. As a mod you only have to be as fair and impartial as possible when doing mod activities. Really I was joking.