"some dopers worse than others".....

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
MatParker117 said:
Agree completely there's a difference between a guy like Petacchi who took too many puffs of his inhaler and someone like Armstrong or Vinokourov.
Unless the inhaler is part or a larger program. Generally its complimenting. Like Froome...
 
MatParker117 said:
Agree completely there's a difference between a guy like Petacchi who took too many puffs of his inhaler and someone like Armstrong or Vinokourov.
I do like you and kind of admire your innocence, especially since unlike many you aren't a **** about it, but dude, you really think all Petacchi did was a few too many puffs?
 
The Hitch said:
I do like you and kind of admire your innocence, especially since unlike many you aren't a **** about it, but dude, you really think all Petacchi did was a few too many puffs?
According to the Italian cycling federation and CAS Alejet was an idiot but did not intend to dope.
 
MatParker117 said:
Agree completely there's a difference between a guy like Petacchi who took too many puffs of his inhaler and someone like Armstrong or Vinokourov.
Dopers = stupid

Doping > 1x = bad.

Lying = not good

Repetitive lying = sociopath.

Lying dopers = really bad.

Stealing = really bad, minimally a misdemeanor.

Fraud = criminal behavior.

Doping to the gills, Repetitive Lying, Multiple counts of Grand larceny, Targeting innocent people, Perpetrating repetitive fraud, Taking advantage of cancer victims = Evil.

Too many puffs, and lying about it = really bad.

Dave.
 
MatParker117 said:
According to the Italian cycling federation and CAS Alejet was an idiot but did not intend to dope.
Like Ivan Basso.... withdrew his own blood but didn't intent to dope... :rolleyes:

If I was a door to door salesman, I'd knock on your door first!
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
MatParker117 said:
Agree completely there's a difference between a guy like Petacchi who took too many puffs of his inhaler and someone like Armstrong or Vinokourov.
Bernays
freedom torches
freedom fries
film noir phallic
cipollini
schepisi in 6 degrees
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
MarkvW said:
Yeah, I've become more aware. And you REALLY did pass the California State Bar?
No, king of incorrect observation, I passed the North Carolina bar. I take the the California bar in February...I just moved here.

Anyway, did you ever pass one? Because if you did, I think I might consider another profession on the off chance that you're representative of the profession...
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
thehog said:
Well you did supply of lot spaghetti logic and bolganse sauce law to your arguments. You also took a position of authority on the matter and wouldn't allow others to express their opinion because you knew better.

I was saying it would take a long time and it's got a long way to run... which has proven to be correct.

There's a big difference between what you want to happen and what will happen...
How would you know? You have a worse batting average than MarkvW.

The fact of whether it would take a long time or not isn't a legal argument, but I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference...

As for your last statement, you should be intimately familiar with that subject.
 
ChewbaccaD said:
How would you know? You have a worse batting average than MarkvW.

The fact of whether it would take a long time or not isn't a legal argument, but I wouldn't expect you to understand the difference...

As for your last statement, you should be intimately familiar with that subject.
And there lies the problem. It's a public forum on cycling. You remind me of a apprentice chef going into a learn to cook forum trying to be a Michelin star Chef because you have a little bit of knowledge.

I think you should tone it down on Mark & myself for that matter. You get it wrong just as much as the next guy.

And remember; Lawyers advise on the law they don't rule on outcomes.

Think about it.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
thehog said:
And there lies the problem. It's a public forum on cycling. You remind me of a apprentice chef going into a learn to cook forum trying to be a Michelin star Chef because you have a little bit of knowledge.

I think you should tone it down on Mark & myself for that matter. You get it wrong just as much as the next guy.

And remember; Lawyers advise on the law they don't rule on outcomes.

Think about it.
What you know about the law can be shoved up a gnats a$$, and it would rattle around like a BB in a boxcar, so I'll take your criticism, and the criticism of the other guy who is wrong almost as much as you with a big grain of salt. I've been proven right time and time again in regards to legal arguments.

But thanks for playing.
 
ChewbaccaD said:
What you know about the law can be shoved up a gnats a$$, and it would rattle around like a BB in a boxcar, so I'll take your criticism, and the criticism of the other guy who is wrong almost as much as you with a big grain of salt. I've been proven right time and time again in regards to legal arguments.

But thanks for playing.
And here's me thinking the law was accessible for all :rolleyes:

And rather than playing, try listening. It's a quality all lawyers need.

So, are the check books ready to come out in the SCA v Armstrong? :cool: sorry couldn't resist... leave you to it Chewie. Good work.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
thehog said:
And here's me thinking the law was accessible for all :rolleyes:

And rather than playing, try listening. It's a quality all lawyers need.

So, are the check books ready to come out in the SCA v Armstrong? :cool: sorry couldn't resist... leave you to it Chewie. Good work.
Again, that you don't understand the difference between an opinion of when a case will settle, and a legal argument is on full display again. The law is accessible for all, but you can't access it if you can't recognize it. But keep playing, your sure to get something right on some Tuesday sometime...sorry, couldn't resist.
 
ChewbaccaD said:
Again, that you don't understand the difference between an opinion of when a case will settle, and a legal argument is on full display again. The law is accessible for all, but you can't access it if you can't recognize it. But keep playing, your sure to get something right on some Tuesday sometime...sorry, couldn't resist.
Don't worry you're only 18 months off and still counting... :rolleyes: anytime now, I'm sure the check books will be coming out.

Some strong legal argument going on there. Not to mention the aggressive name calling. Certainly can count on your good self to keep your cool :cool:
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
thehog said:
Don't worry you're only 18 months off and still counting... :rolleyes: anytime now, I'm sure the check books will be coming out.

Some strong legal argument going on there. Not to mention the aggressive name calling. Certainly can count on your good self to keep your cool :cool:
...okay, I guess you'll never understand. I tried. Gold Star for me!
 
May 10, 2009
4,638
1
0
ChewbaccaD said:
...okay, I guess you'll never understand. I tried. Gold Star for me!
Hog is right btw - hardly ever a post goes by without you mentioning you're a lawyer - like Greg and his VO2 max or JV and his MBA - we know - you're a lawyer.

Also just because you spoke to a judge about whistleblower cases does not make you an expert on all those cases.


Finally, you might need to calm down regarding your ability to 'argue'.
 
Looks like Kelme is cleans.. :confused:

Nice graphic, probably need a lot of work in about 3 years time.



Hi-res: http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Cycle-of-suspicion-JPEG.jpg

The Commission, then, is an attempt by Cookson and the UCI to finally lay to rest many of the most malevolent ghosts of cycling’s recent past. It’s a noble idea – and an expensive one, too, as the sport’s governing body has funded it to the tune of upwards of €3 million (£2.35m / $3.65m). If it provokes and entices some of the sport’s shadier names out of the darkness, it will have been a success – and it will be one of 2015’s biggest sports stories. If few significant figures come forward, however, it will be a costly failure and an embarrassment for a governing body that can ill afford to lower itself further in the public eye.

There are some key factors to bear in mind about CIRC – factors which impinge heavily on its potential success. Most importantly, it works on a voluntary basis – the Commission has no power to force anyone to come forward. Why, then, would anyone choose to talk to these three men – Dr **** Marty, the president, and Peter Nicholson and Professor Ulrich Haas, his colleagues.
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/12/31/cycling-in-the-epo-era-65-per-cent-dirty-and-probably-more-311201/
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
thehog said:
truth and reconcilliation was never gonna work for cycling.

better term is, mistruth and reconnoitering.

i couldnt work out if Armstrong was the goalkeeper for the US womens soccer team or baptised with a noun
 
MatParker117 said:
According to the Italian cycling federation and CAS Alejet was an idiot but did not intend to dope.
Does that mean that your opinion of Contador is that he got the Clen in his body through supplement contamination?

By that logic then JTL is a far worse doper than Contador, no?
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,856
0
0
blackcat said:
truth and reconcilliation was never gonna work for cycling.

better term is, mistruth and reconnoitering.

i couldnt work out if Armstrong was the goalkeeper for the US womens soccer team or baptised with a noun
well, Hope also tested positive so I guess she wont be riding again, or catching a ball again. She might be able to take some tips from April Macy
http://www.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/usa/story/united-states-goalkeeper-hope-solo-tests-positive-for-banned-substance-for-us-anti-doping-agency-070912
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
MarkvW said:
Sins? In professional cycling? You have GOT to be kidding. Arguing about whether one turd in the sewer stinks more than the other turds?
MarkvW said:
Yeah, I've become more aware. And you REALLY did pass the California State Bar?
A. I passed the North Carolina Bar, and just moved to California, oh master of observation. So I'll take the California bar in February.

B. I sincerely hope you've never passed a bar considering in your world, a person who steals a kid's lunch money is deserving of punishment equal to the crimes of Bernie Madoff...:rolleyes: See, in the legal profession, there are differing charges and penalties for different levels of the same basic crime. I'd think you'd have picked up on that most elementary of points somewhere, but I guess you missed that? There are different levels because society deems certain actions, taken in concert with other actions, to be more repugnant. There are a myriad of examples that any first semester 1L can give you if you are really struggling with the concept.
 
ChewbaccaD said:
B. I sincerely hope you've never passed a bar considering in your world, a person who steals a kid's lunch money is deserving of punishment equal to the crimes of Bernie Madoff <snip>

See, in the legal profession, there are differing charges and penalties for different levels of the same basic crime. I'd think you'd have picked up on that most elementary of points somewhere, but I guess you missed that? There are different levels because society deems certain actions, taken in concert with other actions, to be more repugnant. There are a myriad of examples that any first semester 1L can give you if you are really struggling with the concept.
I'm no lawyer as the profession has largely been outsourced to India, but what you write is not necessarily correct.

Broken windows theory and zero tolerance law has been very successful in New York and New Jersey.

Americas drug policy effectively punishes a small time dealer the same as a larger criminal.

One only needs to look at the Banking meltdown to know that the "legal profession" nor the "law" provides equal punishment for the crimes committed.

Some real life experience helps in these circumstances to know how the law is applied.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
thehog said:
I'm no lawyer as the profession has largely been outsourced to India, but what you write is not necessarily correct.

Broken windows theory and zero tolerance law has been very successful in New York and New Jersey.

Americas drug policy effectively punishes a small time dealer the same as a larger criminal.

One only needs to look at the Banking meltdown to know that the "legal profession" nor the "law" provides equal punishment for the crimes committed.

Some real life experience helps in these circumstances to know how the law is applied.
So many things incorrect, not worth addressing. Keep trying you little Babushka, you're sure to hit a legal concept that you understand at some point...because even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes...carry that water little Babushka, carry it!

EDIT: I sincerely hope you're more competent in your chosen profession than you are here, though I imagine that you're intimately familiar with severance packages...I'm sure there have been a lot of Tuesdays in your professional life.
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
0
0
ChewbaccaD said:
So many things incorrect, not worth addressing. Keep trying you little Babushka, you're sure to hit a legal concept that you understand at some point...because even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes...carry that water little Babushka, carry it!

EDIT: I sincerely hope you're more competent in your chosen profession than you are here, though I imagine that you're intimately familiar with severance packages...I'm sure there have been a lot of Tuesdays in your professional life.
hog is a grandmother?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS