• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

South American race thread

Page 90 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Popchu said:
DNP-Old said:
Finally, at last, they've made the profiles for the nationals in Bogotá next month. The elites will do 15 laps of the circuit, making it around 240 kilometers in total. The second pic is the time trial.
Any idea who is expected to line up? I'd love to see that jersey in Europe.
Me too. I want to see that jersey at the GT's. They definitely thought about that this year with 240 kms. That is a hard circuit. I wish all WT riders were there. I think Chaves and Henao could be battling it.

BigMac said:
Max Rockatansky said:
Valv.Piti said:
portugal11 said:
What a post!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gslfgc_uWVM

To win La Doyenne you need to wheelsuck like this, so yeah good start. :D

Well, last year he tremendously descreased his wheelsucking and failed to get a single win.

His formula doesn't fail and he's back at it. Do I like it? No. Should he do it? Yes.
I like the way he does it. Always alone, yet he gets the job done, in a way so purely cynical that it becomes beautiful. He transcends wheelsucking :D

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Grande Sevilla!! Always consistent in these kind of races. Great showing.

Also a really strong Torres. Which is not a surprise because he's always strong at the beginning of the season. He's even better then he was last year. Onfortunately we're not able to see his attacking style in Il Giro. What a disgrace! :(

Cool to see Rui Costa winning again, the first victory since that all star stage win against Valverde, Nibali, Froome in the Dauphine a couple of years ago.

It would be cool to see him get his Liege but there are some really stacked teams like Quickstep or Sky with like 4 potential winners each. I'd be happy with a stage win in the Giro and the Vuelta to make the Grand Slam :)

Also as a portuguese, nice debut from Rafael Reis for Caja Rural in this race and Ruben Guerreiro in Australia!

DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
Why is Bernal so far down if he did a great TT???
He didn't have a great TT.
Ok. So you expected him to win?
No?
Well he was 6th. He is against the big boys now, so I take he had a good TT IMHO. So I didn't expect him to win unless you expect him to be like the second Quintana if not better and to be honest I don't think so.

trevim said:
Cool to see Rui Costa winning again, the first victory since that all star stage win against Valverde, Nibali, Froome in the Dauphine a couple of years ago.

It would be cool to see him get his Liege but there are some really stacked teams like Quickstep or Sky with like 4 potential winners each. I'd be happy with a stage win in the Giro and the Vuelta to make the Grand Slam :)

Also as a portuguese, nice debut from Rafael Reis for Caja Rural in this race and Ruben Guerreiro in Australia!

Sorry for being a pedant (I can't help it) but Froome wasn't in the mix that day. It was Galloping Foxley. Cheers. :)

BigMac said:
Max Rockatansky said:
Valv.Piti said:
portugal11 said:
What a post!

Well, last year he tremendously descreased his wheelsucking and failed to get a single win.

His formula doesn't fail and he's back at it. Do I like it? No. Should he do it? Yes.

Last year was just bizarre. Rui Costa, Simon Gerrans only rival as the rider most likely to eke out a win when in theory he is overmatched, somehow getting seven metric tons of top tens and not one win. Good to see the real Costa back.

Netserk said:
BigMac said:
Max Rockatansky said:
Valv.Piti said:
portugal11 said:
Finally!!! Rui costa is back and will crush everyone in "la doyenne". I can't wait to see valverde trying to follow costa in a wet downhill and smach his face in the ground. Oh lord, I'm too excited
What a post!

I like the way he does it. Always alone, yet he gets the job done, in a way so purely cynical that it becomes beautiful. He transcends wheelsucking :D

I think the fact that he is creating an unfair situation for his opponent doesn't even cross his mind.

It's really scary how quickly he goes from *** everybody on the road to all smiles and Mr. Nice Guy off the bike and on social media, mainly twitter. He's like ''I just screw this guys over like the ice cold motherfucker I am, thanks a lot for your support. Without you It wouldn't be possible. I don't have fans, if you cheer for me, then you are my friend. Hugs''.

Zinoviev Letter said:
Last year was just bizarre. Rui Costa, Simon Gerrans only rival as the rider most likely to eke out a win when in theory he is overmatched, somehow getting seven metric tons of top tens and not one win. Good to see the real Costa back.

I guess it is his trademark. I'd still like him to keep some of last year's approach, because in the end he lacked a bit of luck. Glad to see he's riding the Giro.

Escarabajo said:
DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
DNP-Old said:
Escarabajo said:
Why is Bernal so far down if he did a great TT???
He didn't have a great TT.
Ok. So you expected him to win?
No?
Well he was 6th. He is against the big boys now, so I take he had a good TT IMHO. So I didn't expect him to win unless you expect him to be like the second Quintana if not better and to be honest I don't think so.

He was 65th in the ITT, so thats why he is far down in the GC. He had a small mechanical in the ITT (source his facebook see below), so otherwise he would have been better.

Egan Bernal - Deportista.
5 hrs ·

Todos sus mensajes de apoyo han servido, hoy cuando por fín llegó la montaña pude coger el liderato sub-23. Por un pequeño problema mecánico en la cronometro no pude pelear la general pero estoy muy contento por las sensaciones y con mis compañeros de equipo que han estado siempre protegiendome en todo momento.

Gracias de nuevo por su apoyo, y espero poder llevar este titulo a casa

Until today this race was breaking records for worst organized viewer experience and I thought it couldn't get any worse...

Until today. Because today, mid-stage, the stream and indeed the entire youtube account were taken down

Finally, a race that's worse organized than the ENECOTour/R.v.Nederland

TRENDING THREADS