• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Spanish Swimmer

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Spanish 50 metre butterfly world record holder Rafael Munoz allowed to continue racing bt FINA after missing THREE drug tests in the past year!

Missing three drugs tests is the standard operating procedure in a lot of sports. Christine Ohuorogu missed three, then won the Olympic 400m on the track.

Any more details? Could it just be that, like Ohuorogu, Múñoz has offered an explanation and he will be allowed to continue to compete while they investigate just like Rebellin and Valverde were?

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Missing three drugs tests is the standard operating procedure in a lot of sports. Christine Ohuorogu missed three, then won the Olympic 400m on the track.

Any more details? Could it just be that, like Ohuorogu, Múñoz has offered an explanation and he will be allowed to continue to compete while they investigate just like Rebellin and Valverde were?

Ohuruogu got a 12 month ban and was initially banned for life from the British Olympics team (the latter, later overturned). Her case seemed to me to be a case of stupidity rather than deceit.

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Heaven forbid anybody would suggest that the 12 month ban was imposed (and no lifetime Olympic ban) on the basis that said athlete was a potential Olympic Gold Medallist!

Libertine Seguros said:

Did Rebellin and Valverde miss three tests or are you just referring to them as they kept cycling while being investigated? Info on missed tests don't surface that often and it seems another imbalance of the way things are done...

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
suipedali said:
Spanish 50 metre butterfly world record holder Rafael Munoz allowed to continue racing bt FINA after missing THREE drug tests in the past year!

They race 50 meter fly events in europe?

I stopped having 50's available in any event other then freestyle when I turned 10 or 12... I would have LOVED to have a 50 meter fly race to compete in. I tended to struggle with pacing, even in 100's... I would be out like lightning, but my last 10-15 meters would be kinda slow.

I guess since they aren't in the Olympics are weren't in age group competition, I never realized those races were being done in world cup type events.

TRENDING THREADS