• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 10: Modena - Salsomaggiore Terme (173 Km)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
One of those days when you don't need to watch the race, simply listening is enough.

most frustrating part: today I am getting a continuous stream without any buffering.

Why do they have uneventful stages like this? why/

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
So the aussies can interview matt white who reveals within 15 days we may know of a GC rider being coaxed to the orica team for next year, names thrown up, Wiggins and Evans...any other possibles?

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
karlboss said:
So the aussies can interview matt white who reveals within 15 days we may know of a GC rider being coaxed to the orica team for next year, names thrown up, Wiggins and Evans...any other possibles?

Why not Porte?
cant he be enticed to join oge?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
murali said:
30.3 km to go and lead is 3:48 now, and gradually climbing.

a day for the breakaway?

Nope, 2 guys vs peloton can get eaten up really fast.

Apparently there is money for GC rider including Wiggins. I don't think they want Wiggins, for Wiggins to win GC again he needs a team or at least lieutenant stronger than exists at orica.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
27.6 to go and 4:06 left

i think my stream is bad, this is a dream or this is a stupid stage that even sprinters dont want to ride for this.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
And calling him a GC rider is a bit of a stretch honestly.

Edit: talking about Porte.

Porte is a better climber than Santaromita.
he is aussie.
he is damn good in TTs.

And I really want to know whether Porte can really lead a GC team on his own, or is he a permanent member of c****c.

murali said:
most frustrating part: today I am getting a continuous stream without any buffering.

Why do they have uneventful stages like this? why/

I don't think it is possible to have a Grand Tour that is exciting for 21 days. Even if they have Gavia - Stelvio - Val Martello on the menu every day, it would be boring sometimes.

Grand Tours should have days that favour every type of rider. Days for Tony Martin, days for Marcel Kittel, days for Ben Swift, days for Tom Boonen, days for Purito, days for Nairo Quintana, days for Vincenzo Nibali, days for Chris Froome.

Unfortunately, today is a day for Kittel and his ilk. Such days are often quite boring. At least it is a Tuesday, and at least they have put in a little bump near the finish. It could be like the day into Dublin. That day they were 20 abreast riding into the last 7km "chasing" a Yellow Fluo rider.

But all of these days add to the cumulative fatigue amongst the podium contenders. By Saturday next week, days like today will contribute to them being absolutely shattered and hopefully create a ding-**** battle.

Not all sports are exciting all the time. There will be a match between Algeria and South Korea in the World Cup.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
barmaher said:
I don't think it is possible to have a Grand Tour that is exciting for 21 days. Even if they have Gavia - Stelvio - Val Martello on the menu every day, it would be boring sometimes.

Grand Tours should have days that favour every type of rider. Days for Tony Martin, days for Marcel Kittel, days for Ben Swift, days for Tom Boonen, days for Purito, days for Nairo Quintana, days for Vincenzo Nibali, days for Chris Froome.

Unfortunately, today is a day for Kittel and his ilk. Such days are often quite boring. At least it is a Tuesday, and at least they have put in a little bump near the finish. It could be like the day into Dublin. That day they were 20 abreast riding into the last 7km "chasing" a Yellow Fluo rider.

But all of these days add to the cumulative fatigue amongst the podium contenders. By Saturday next week, days like today will contribute to them being absolutely shattered and hopefully create a ding-**** battle.

Not all sports are exciting all the time. There will be a match between Algeria and South Korea in the World Cup.

I think the trick is to have as many days as possible where you really can't pick Kittel, Martin or Quintana.

TRENDING THREADS