• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 10 - Wednesday, July 14 2010, Chambéry - Gap, 179 km

Stage 10 - Wednesday, July 14 2010, Chambéry - Gap, 179 km

gr215496_600.jpg

gr214550_600.jpg

Could be interesting. Hills come later on in the stage with a descent at the end. Contenders probably wont go for it but you never know. If they dont then someone might win it on the descent. I think break will stay away, but if not then Samu.

Oh and its bastille day, so lots of french riders in the breakaway.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
The profiles for both Stage 10 and Stage 12 look like good ones for rouleur types. It seems clear that Contador is pretty safe in the mountains-- but I wonder how his team of mostly climbers would fare if Saxo, Radioshack or even Rabobank tried drilling it tomorrow or Friday? I would especially think Radioshack might be looking to attack and salvage something at this stage of the Tour; either a time gain for Leipheimer or a stage win for Lance. After today, there must be 8 or 10 GC riders realizing it's time for Plan B, because so far the big mountains seem to only favor Schleck and Contador.

Sigh... My uncle is going to be in the Rabobank team-car for this stage, because he was invited by the bank, and will be right next to Adri van Houwelingen, and for some reason decided to take his wife along instead of me. I'm soooo **************************ing jealous.

Moondance said:
Sigh... My uncle is going to be in the Rabobank team-car for this stage, because he was invited by the bank, and will be right next to Adri van Houwelingen, and for some reason decided to take his wife along instead of me. I'm soooo **************************ing jealous.

I feel for you, man. I hope she's a cycling fan.

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Moondance said:

jaylew said:
I feel for you, man. I hope she's a cycling fan.

if she isn't a cycling fan...tell your uncle to go see Radio Shack bus, shake a few hands, breathe deeply and maybe she will get the gastrointeristis that was so rampant there...and then you can take her spot...since the car can't stop for nature breaks..

I know they are relatives...but it is the TDF and you got to do what you have to do..

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
2wheels said:
The profiles for both Stage 10 and Stage 12 look like good ones for rouleur types. It seems clear that Contador is pretty safe in the mountains-- but I wonder how his team of mostly climbers would fare if Saxo, Radioshack or even Rabobank tried drilling it tomorrow or Friday?
They'd do just fine, perhaps if there's sidewind something could be accomplished, but you don't just drop strong riders, even climbers of your wheel.

Jun 29, 2010
www.goodforthegame.co.za
What chance someone like EBH today?

He seems to be climing Ok although not well enough to stay with the pace when the tempo picks up but this profile looks like it may be more to his liking?

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I guess that will depend on how fast the gc men ride up the 2nd cat climb. I guess they will set the pace high to try to drop contenders off the back, but I also think none of them will actually drop off. :) But that'd still be too fast for guys like Boasson Hagen.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:

A friend of mine was in europe recently and brought back lots of merchandise from the tour. I am a happy man.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What about John Gadret? We haven't seen much of him yet and he was very aggressive at the Giro and at Romandy. The French have had a great Tour so far.

Not convinced about EBH, think he's been struggling with the pace so far. As Sean Kelly said, "It's not Paris-Nice, it's the Tour de France".

Moondance said:
If you ask kindly may be Menchov will lend you his wheels. :D

TRENDING THREADS