• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 16 and Possible early Coverage

T16_Petrano_alt_FIN.jpg

T16_s02_nerone_alt-FIN.jpg

T16_s03_catria_alt-FIN.jpg

T16_s04_petrano_alt-FIN.jpg

Right.
Rai Piu should have live coverage, non geo restricted of today's early stages, from anytime after 11-45am GMT.
It will be mingled with a fair bit of studio chat, but should continue until 13-30GMT.
After a 15 minute break, they come back on, until the end, but may well go geo-restricted, whereby it's Justin.tv time or whatever.
http://www.raisport.rai.it/dl/raisp...tentItem-18b9bd8c-1ab9-44e8-a684-fd3430493964

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Levi Leipheimer reckons he will attack on this stage "if the legs are good". I think he is just looking to gain some seconds and wait to the Rome TT and smash Menchov (TBF he is no mug at the TT) and Di Luca.

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Interesting yet expected developments so far. A leading group of 20 riders is already 5 minutes ahead on the peloton leaden by the Rabo guys. Most important riders in the break: Popovych, Cunego, Bosisio, Scarponi and Voigt. But nearly all GC contenders have a man or two in front, except for Columbia and Cervelo.

My guess is that LL, Menchov, Di Luca and Basso/Pellizotti placed their lieutenants in front, at first to earn themselves a few quit hours while the breakaway does its job, and afterwards to serve as a jumping board and extra help when the big guns attack. Makes perfect sense. But what about Cunego, Scarponi and Voigt, what will they do? Are they convinced they can stay away and fight for the stage win? Is it a bold move to get closer in the GC again? Or are they themselves only playing domestique for Bruseghin and Simoni?

In any case, I don't see much happening the first few hours, maybe only until they hit the Monte Catria.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Wiggins seems to have lost his climbing ability already :) According to Eurosport, Wiggins and Tom Danielson have lost contact with the other 18 riders in the break on the first climb of the day.

14 leaders over the top are Dion (AG2R), Bellotti (Barloworld), Jeannesson (Caisse d'Epargne), Popovych (Astana), Sprick (Bouygues), Bosisio (LPR), Voigt (Saxo Bank), Scarponi (Diquigiovanni), Cunego (Lampre), Cataldo, Carlstrom (Liquigas), Gomez (Fuji), Ardila Cano (Rabobank), De Bonis (Diquigiovanni).

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
I think Popovych and Voigt dropped the escape group, unless they were trying to drop the other guys in the break. Anyone with info on that?

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Nevermind said:
I think Popovych and Voigt dropped the escape group, unless they were trying to drop the other guys in the break. Anyone with info on that?

I guess live coverage just answered my question, they are still in the break group.

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
Nevermind said:

How's your Italian? :p

# 13:20 Y. POPOVYCH (27), J. VOIGT (202) si rialzano e si lasciano raggiungere dal gruppetto di inseguitori.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Both Menchov's and Scarponi's jerseys are torn in a few places. Seems they both had a tumble.
Both seem to be riding without difficulty though.

Lance has what appears to be a plastic, fruit and veg, shopping bag, tied around his neck!
You can tell because of the handles.

As with all things Lance, it's catching. LL has done the same.
Eccentric seems to be his dress code these days.
Ice pack?:confused:

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Lance has what appears to be a plastic, fruit and veg, shopping bag, tied around his neck!
You can tell because of the handles.

As with all things Lance, it's catching. LL has done the same.
Eccentric seems to be his dress code these days.
Ice pack?:confused:

Yeah. Ice pack. I saw Levi putting one on his back.

kjetilraknerud said:
Wiggins seems to have lost his climbing ability already :) According to Eurosport, Wiggins and Tom Danielson have lost contact with the other 18 riders in the break on the first climb of the day.
They started good, but as it is normal in the third week of a Grand Tour, is where you see how your body recuperates. And we see these two guys are not coping well with it.

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
They started good, but as it is normal in the third week of a Grand Tour, is where you see how your body recuperates. And we see these two guys are not coping well with it.

Well, Wiggins did say he fancied the final TT, so he could just be planning to spend most of the week in the bus - it's not as if Garmin need him to work for anyone.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
That live Rai Piu feed is working and they are now showing the race live, albeit intermittently, with the chat.

Dang, I was hoping ole Berlusconi would come with some dancing girls, while the wife hovers around in the background (former dancing gal, herself).

More fireworks there than we've had from Levi so far.... :D

TRENDING THREADS