• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 19: Bassano Del Grappa - Cima Grappa 26.8 km MTT

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pricey_sky said:
Was going to say I saw him a lot in the Montecopiolo stage and also he's done some good turns for Pozzo. I'm suprised he is 11th though!

Aside from all the excellent work, as mentioned, he's done for Pozzovivo, he's also battled to the finish each time rather than just sit up in typical dom duties done style. Often comes in with, or just behind the Evans group (just like today in fact).

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
petiagos said:
And what about Arrendondo and Cataldo performance for tomoroow ?

Looking for fantasy team advice non? You are as obvious as Naffets,he only appears once in a blue moon when faced with a crucial fantasy decision,better to lurk than post if that's your game.

Good luck. ;)

Orbit501 said:
Aside from all the excellent work, as mentioned, he's done for Pozzovivo, he's also battled to the finish each time rather than just sit up in typical dom duties done style. Often comes in with, or just behind the Evans group (just like today in fact).

Yes and I guess that's why I was surprised with his placing, as you say many doms just sit up and I expected the same. Fair play to him.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Tournesol said:
Looking for fantasy team advice non? You are as obvious as Naffets,he only appears once in a blue moon when faced with a crucial fantasy decision,better to lurk than post if that's your game.

Good luck. ;)

Wrong idea about me ....:)

Carols said:
Reports are he had a bad stomach today. Hopefully he is okay tomorrow!!!

This, from the TCS site:

“We had Rovny in the first group and our plan was to make him stop taking turns up there while we wanted to put on the pressure on the penultimate climb. But as Rafa was suffering from stomachaches throughout the stage, we cancelled the move. On the final climb, it was all about limiting the losses to his rivals but in fact, he’s now only two seconds away from third place. Tomorrow, it’s every man for himself and there’s nothing else to do but to give full gas,” said DS, Lars Michaelsen after the stage.

If he's ok tomorrow he might just upset the Aru lovers here.

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
yespatterns said:
Ugh, no talk of fantasy teams I only have 4 of 9 left in the race.

Ha ha! My purist team was the same,gambled on Purito :( and had Kittel also.Biggest flop was Niemiec though,gutted about his performance,i suppose he must be too right enough.

I really like both Majka and Kelderman for tomorrow,stating the obvious but both should really like this stage.

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Tournesol said:
Ha ha! My purist team was the same,gambled on Purito :( and had Kittel also.Biggest flop was Niemiec though,gutted about his performance,i suppose he must be too right enough.

I really like both Majka and Kelderman for tomorrow,stating the obvious but both should really like this stage.

Yeah, Purito was my 'other' main contender, i feel your pain. I feel really bad for the peeps who picked Martin. And obviously Martin himself.

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Tournesol said:
Oh really? Your not Petiagos from the fantasy game with Arredondo and Cataldo in your team that i seen earlier??

I apologise if i have mistaken you for another Petiagos.:D

I play in several fantasy games... but that´s not the main reason to post here.;)
Do you play ?

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
petiagos said:
I play in several fantasy games... but that´s not the main reason to post here.;)

I understand,please accept my apology and as i said,good luck with your team,i ride the fantasy rollercoaster too and its good fun.:)

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Tournesol said:
I understand,please accept my apology and as i said,good luck with your team,i ride the fantasy rollercoaster too and its good fun.:)

No problem at all:) Good luck to you... also.

the doubt is that Cataldo is a good ITT but with today´s effort ... maybe is a little cooked for tomorrow.
In what concerned to Arrendondo ... i think the mais goal was achieved today: the mountain jersey and a vitory in the stage... so i think it take the ITT easy to the save energy to zoncolan.

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
petiagos said:
No problem at all:) Good luck to you... also.

the doubt is that Cataldo is a good ITT but with today´s effort ... maybe is a little cooked for tomorrow.
In what concerned to Arrendondo ... i think the mais goal was achieved today: the mountain jersey and a vitory in the stage... so i think it take the ITT easy to the save energy to zoncolan.

Yes,i have dropped Arredondo for tomorrow,main goal achieved today,Cataldo not sure about,could top 10 but i havent picked him to be honest,like you i am worried about him being a little cooked and wonder whether there is any point in him busting a gut tomorrow for no reason.

Now we've said that they will probably both top 10.

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
Do we have a CN mini-league at road.cc? That is the fantasy game you're referring to?

Never gave that any thought but yes,it is the fantasy game i am referring to.Would probably join if there was a CN mini-league.

You aren't the infamous Armchair Cyclist who is always challenging the fantasy game officials are you?

Hope i am not clogging up this thread with fantasy chat,please mods,it wasn't my intention.

Will be interesting if anybody aside from the top10 (+ maybe Delfino, Basso) gives it a serious go and contend for the top places.

Cataldo could do it but after his efforts this week, I doubt that.

Samu has been nearly invisible since Evans lost the pink and he was excellent last year at the Giro TT despite not showing top form before (he was better than right now though).

Brambilla surprised in Barolo but he has no incentive, has to help Uran and was horrible last year in Polsa despite good form (he was OK on the penultimate stage).

Duarte might save his energies for Zoncolan, that stage should suit him and he should be tired from today's efforts.

Maybe Henao can surprise, his best performance came on the shortest stage which suggests that he does well on short stages that feature extra-hard climbs, maybe he can do well here.

Zoidl did surprisingly well today and is a good time trialist so he might be a candidate.

Any other ideas? Or will the GC top 10 be the top10 of the stage as well?