• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienn - La Toussuire-Les Sybelle

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

sir fly said:
Hopefully, Contador will go on Croix de Fer tomorrow and pull Nibali with himself.
Valverde's reaction afterwards should isolate Froome, and we might get the epics we've been denied of today.

Contador will go for it, definitely, but I doubt earlier than Huez.
Are they doing Croix de Fer also tomorrow??

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Scarponi said:
One guy out of 15000 did something wrong. Sky will make it out like it's everyone
For sure people are not very supportive of Sky. There were many supporters shouting and doing obscene gestures to Froome today. nonetheless it’s nothing new: Merckx lost a Tour for a fist...

Re: Re:

The Barb said:
Ruby United said:
The Barb said:
For anyone who cares about KOTM, I think Bardet leads Froome by 3 points.

Bardet needs to cross Croix de Fer first tomorrow and hope Froome doesn't win on Alpe d'Huez

Points at the finish are 50, 40, 32, 28, 24, 20, 16, 12, 8, 4.

So even if Bardet gets 25 over the Croix de Fer, he will need to get some at the finish. Say Froome gets 2nd and Bardet 8th, that would, I believe leave them equal on points.

Thanks, assuming Bardet wins Croix de Fer and finishes...
5th or above he wins whatever happen
6th or 7th then Froome needs to win upon Alpe d'Huez
8th then Froome would be equal if he gets 2nd, as you said
9th then Froome needs 1st or 2nd
10th then Froome would be drawing with 3rd

I think the odds are pretty good for Froome, as Bardet will be tired if he does make it over Croix de Fer first, and we are assuming Froome doesn't get any points over Croix de Fer, unlike today

AICA ribonucleotide said:
Walkman said:
TMP402 said:
Walkman said:
TomLPC said:
Rare footage of Froome furious :eek:

What happened? :eek:

Someone spat in his face apparently.

Disgraceful. Any footage of Froome's rage or the incident?

If its so disgraceful why are you so eager to see it?

Huh? Is there a discrepancy? I want to see if you can see the person doing it.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

sir fly said:
franic said:
sir fly said:
Hopefully, Contador will go on Croix de Fer tomorrow and pull Nibali with himself.
Valverde's reaction afterwards should isolate Froome, and we might get the epics we've been denied of today.

Contador will go for it, definitely, but I doubt earlier than Huez.
Are they doing Croix de Fer also tomorrow??
Instead of Galibier, I think, yes.
Ah right, I forgot they had to take Glibber out. thanks

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re:

bigcog said:
Tw*t in a white hat:
5dpQEte.jpg
The yellow thing at the bottom of the screen looks like a syringe :eek:
:D :D :D

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

Ruby United said:
The Barb said:
Ruby United said:
The Barb said:
For anyone who cares about KOTM, I think Bardet leads Froome by 3 points.

Bardet needs to cross Croix de Fer first tomorrow and hope Froome doesn't win on Alpe d'Huez

Points at the finish are 50, 40, 32, 28, 24, 20, 16, 12, 8, 4.

So even if Bardet gets 25 over the Croix de Fer, he will need to get some at the finish. Say Froome gets 2nd and Bardet 8th, that would, I believe leave them equal on points.

Thanks, assuming Bardet wins Croix de Fer and finishes...
5th or above he wins whatever happen
6th or 7th then Froome needs to win upon Alpe d'Huez
8th then Froome would be equal if he gets 2nd, as you said
9th then Froome needs 1st or 2nd
10th then Froome would be drawing with 3rd

I think the odds are pretty good for Froome, as Bardet will be tired if he does make it over Croix de Fer first, and we are assuming Froome doesn't get any points over Croix de Fer, unlike today

Yeah Froome should have it. It could be Quintana's though if they ride Croix de Fer insanely fast. As you would expect Quintana would win the stage. If he can pick up 75 points tomorrow, that makes things interesting,but that's highly doubtful. Unfortunately the jersey is Froome's.

Rodriguez would have conserved energy and he's an outside chance, but highly doubt it. Bardet will be cooked and you would think despite his struggles that Froome will finish 2nd to Quintana tomorrow.

Re:

Scarponi said:
One guy out of 15000 did something wrong. Sky will make it out like it's everyone
You must have missed the old guy who gave him the *** you sign about 4 times as he came round a hairpin on one of the climbs.

The vitriol being poured out at Froome is incredible, I've never seen a Tour leader being disrespected so much while on the road. It's ridiculous and totally over the top.

franic said:
Scarponi said:
For sure people are not very supportive of Sky. There were many supporters shouting and doing obscene gestures to Froome today. nonetheless it’s nothing new: Merckx lost a Tour for a fist...
Meh I could scream that someone is a fck wit or a doper and have no shame. But physically it's been three guys now out of thousands

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS