• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienn - La Toussuire-Les Sybelle

Page 61 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Not a fan of Froome whatsoever, but what a disgusting act by that person. Spitting is such a pathetic, revolting and vile thing to do. Insult a rider? Fine, but don't interfere with the race. Especially in such an unsanitary way.

Re: Re:

Springveldt said:
Scarponi said:
One guy out of 15000 did something wrong. Sky will make it out like it's everyone
You must have missed the old guy who gave him the **** you sign about 4 times as he came round a hairpin on one of the climbs.

The vitriol being poured out at Froome is incredible, I've never seen a Tour leader being disrespected so much while on the road. It's ridiculous and totally over the top.

https://twitter.com/philousports/status/624583058100871168

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site

Cervelo77 said:
Ramira said:
I don't get why Quintana didn't go sooner.

Yeah there's a chance of cracking and losing time, but even if that happened he wouldn't have lost time to Contador and Valverde, right now he's just to far ahead of them as a climber.

So basically he decided to play it safe so he was sure to lose no time on Froome and maybe even take 30 seconds. Which is pointless. I can understand being careful in week 1, maybe even in week 2, when there's still racing to be done, but on the penultimate mountain stage it's such a waste.

I don't understand why he didn't go for the stage win. He's not winning the tour, so a stage win would be nice.

He'll go for it and win it tomorrow. He wants to win on the Alp.

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Jim2784 said:
bigcog said:
Tw*t in a white hat:

This guy has to be arrested and dealt with in the courts, the French really do let themselves down with this type of nonsense....please don't someone try to tell me he's not French...

Judging by what's going on in Calais these days you can pretty much do what you want, especially if the police can blame it on the British.

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
Hopefully Nairo will go full genius tomorrow on Croix de Fer. 2½ minutes is do-able, now that he's established that he's strongest.
He's not. Evenly matched with Froome. Probably a bit better at the end of a long day in the mountains, a bit worse earlier on. Froome better in the heat, Nairo in the cold. Attacking on the Croix de Fer would likely be pointless.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Springveldt said:
Scarponi said:
One guy out of 15000 did something wrong. Sky will make it out like it's everyone
You must have missed the old guy who gave him the **** you sign about 4 times as he came round a hairpin on one of the climbs.

The vitriol being poured out at Froome is incredible, I've never seen a Tour leader being disrespected so much while on the road. It's ridiculous and totally over the top.

https://twitter.com/philousports/status/624583058100871168

I hate to see that. The Sun et al will warp it into the French resenting British excellence or something.

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site

Ryongsyong said:
Jim2784 said:
bigcog said:
Tw*t in a white hat:

This guy has to be arrested and dealt with in the courts, the French really do let themselves down with this type of nonsense....please don't someone try to tell me he's not French...

Judging by what's going on in Calais these days you can pretty much do what you want, especially if the police can blame it on the British.

Great GC race, but a pity about the attitudes of the people. Pinot's childish outburst over riding someone else's bike earlier in the race summed it all up...all the while ze German Martin rode away to victory on his team mates bike :p :p :p

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Only way Quintana wins is if he goes on Croix de Fer and even then it might not work. More likely Quintana will do what he did today and wait to go closer to the finish. Will want to win the stage so will probably not throw everything at Froome.

Re:

Miburo said:
OMG wuyts says every day there's boni's LMAO

Please retire.

Rollthedice said:
Miburo said:
if quintana felt so good, why did he not follow nibali? I just don't understand

Because he was protecting Valverde?!

A champ only cares about winning, not securing a podium for your teammate.
The team pays the checks. Recall Landa at the Giro, even Contador after all the sparks gave Lance a hand in Ventoux '09.