• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 21, Roma (ITT), 14.4km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Posh in pink, proudly presented by Dolce and Gabana

Did everyone witness that fabulously tailored waist! Wow, amazing what a piece of haute couture! Glad they were contracted to design the centenary's pink jersey...

A

Anonymous

Parrot23 said:
Yeah, unfortunately, it's ceteris paribus now in the peleton.

Yea, the only solace is that the substances and methods must be fairly uniform now. Having that one guy who could win the race only using one crank arm just got old. At least this way, there is a group who are fairly equal in program. In all honesty, I wouldn't doubt that there is little to no artificial blood doping. I am guessing that we are back to the days of packed cells and transfusions being the standard.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Pozzatto must be kicking himself in envy at Pellizzotti--not the podium place, but the hair. :D

Well, but seriously, the Italians had a good tour. No sign of Astana is a surprise, indeed.

A

Anonymous

Parrot23 said:
Pozzatto must be kicking himself in envy at Pellizzotti--not the podium place, but the hair. :D

Well, but seriously, the Italians had a good tour. No sign of Astana is a surprise, indeed.

They were too busy worrying about what they were going to twitter.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
Its too bad Astana didn't have the humility and respect to just ride the freaking race as best they could. What a bunch of whiners.

yet again, you guys prove every forum on here is a bash lance forum.
your are tiresome cheap shot artists.
like 7th graders in the back of the class entertaining each other with moronic patter and thinking for some stupid reason that the rest of the class is secretly enjoying it.
the heroic di luca got his @ss kicked so bad that menhov could go for a long slide, change bikes, have tea, wave to mom, and still actually gain time, and win.
where will di luca be in july?
if lance and levi had no mention in this thread today it would have reflected their importance in the stage.
i'd have been perfectly happy.
but that would have deprived you of another chance to show off you caustic wit.

A

Anonymous

jackhammer111 said:
yet again, you guys prove every forum on here is a bash lance forum.
your are tiresome cheap shot artists.
like 7th graders in the back of the class entertaining each other with moronic patter and thinking for some stupid reason that the rest of the class is secretly enjoying it.
the heroic di luca got his @ss kicked so bad that menhov could go for a long slide, change bikes, have tea, wave to mom, and still actually gain time, and win.
where will di luca be in july?
if lance and levi had no mention in this thread today it would have reflected their importance in the stage.
i'd have been perfectly happy.
but that would have deprived you of another chance to show off you caustic wit.

If The Hog, Lance, and Levi hadn't complained like 2nd graders about THIS STAGE thereby making speaking of it relevant to DISCUSSION OF THIS STAGE AND THE ISSUES SURROUNDING IT, then you would have a point. As it stands, the only off topic cheap shots are yours. Dang.

Oh, and they complained on TWITTER. Man you are on the short bus all of the time, huh?

A

Anonymous

You're just mad because the "Greatest stage race team in the world" managed only to be recognized for complaining about stages, and refusing to promote cancer research because the press dared write something unflattering about HWMNBN. I know it sucks when your heroes are shown to be wussified whiners who cannot win a stage. Dang.

Apr 3, 2009
www.dj-vega.net
ElChingon said:
Funny and probably way too true, I wonder if they pay someone to do the twit posts.
Nah, I think they have a built in keyboard in their bike computers, so they can already start typing during the stage. Or maybe something with voice control. It could also explain those inexplicable time losses they had during this Giro, and especially todays stage :p

A

Anonymous

dgodave said:
I wonder if they pay people to read them....

I wonder how their content relates to the fight against cancer? Seems to me that whining about a stage in a race THEY CHOSE TO RIDE, claiming it was all about cancer, and showing it was all about ego moves forward medical research for cancer how? Seems to me that many people in Italy are pretty turned off by the whole dog and pony show that is LAF. They have actually hurt the cause with their childishness.....

Thoughtforfood said:
I wonder how their content relates to the fight against cancer? Seems to me that whining about a stage in a race THEY CHOSE TO RIDE, claiming it was all about cancer, and showing it was all about ego moves forward medical research for cancer how? Seems to me that many people in Italy are pretty turned off by the whole dog and pony show that is LAF. They have actually hurt the cause with their childishness.....
You may be 100% right about all this. But 90% of my Lance exposure actually comes from all the Lance fights around here... the remaining 10% being TV exposure during stages, more than he deserves as a contender, but perhaps appropriate for a celebrity.
What do I have to do to catch up with you all? Visit his websites and read his twittera? I dont think this Lance stuff is important enough to start. Twitter seems kind of dumb to me. Perhaps I dont know what Im missing.

It was a deliberate ploy by Johan Bruyneel and the Astana boys to win nothing but air.
That way they have no prize money to put into the wages fund to help stave off the Irish baliff.
Where's Pat with his axe to chop off the Kazakh hand holding that precious PT licence?:rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Jasper said:
Any bets on how long it will take Armstrong to post his discontent on Twitter? :D
Sucked me in, I had to go look :rolleyes:
Already at the airport in Rome. Headed home!! Baby # 4 any minute now. CaNOT wait! 33 minutes ago

Musn't have stop at the finish and rode straight to the airport.

A

Anonymous

dgodave said:
You may be 100% right about all this. But 90% of my Lance exposure actually comes from all the Lance fights around here... the remaining 10% being TV exposure during stages, more than he deserves as a contender, but perhaps appropriate for a celebrity.
What do I have to do to catch up with you all? Visit his websites and read his twittera? I dont think this Lance stuff is important enough to start. Twitter seems kind of dumb to me. Perhaps I dont know what Im missing.

I have been a fan of cycling since the late 80's. I was also once a fan of Mr Armstrong. You don't have to catch up. However, if you are going to make editorial comments regarding him or anyone's opinion of him, you might want to do some reading. Otherwise, why even wade in?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
How fast was the mechanic in getting Menchov's spare bike, he'd barely slide to a halt before they were out of the car and delivery a new bike.
Got Menchov going in seconds. Superb job.

Good to see Menchov win and I think at the finish that's the most animated I've seen him. Well deserved and I bet a massive relief after picking himself up off the floor.

A

Anonymous

just for our entertainment, it had to rain, and then rain again a little harder, with the last 2 guys out there. menchov ended up in the wettest conditions at the end.
and then the shock of the fall which faded quickly as i did the math.
di luca did nothing really to help himself today. he's just not a good time trialer. you can't make up for talent with effort.
it was great to see menchov let loose the emotion!

Thoughtforfood said:
I have been a fan of cycling since the late 80's. I was also once a fan of Mr Armstrong. You don't have to catch up. However, if you are going to make editorial comments regarding him or anyone's opinion of him, you might want to do some reading. Otherwise, why even wade in?
Ive followed this whole Giro in this forum, and I havent said a word about this issue, till now. Its one of those things that isnt really important, but gets irritating by sheer repetition. How many times could you hear and ignore Hotel California? 3x a day? 8x a day?... before you complain to anyone who will listen?
Im sure I will wade right back out, having vented.

jackhammer111 said:
just for our entertainment, it had to rain, and then rain again a little harder, with the last 2 guys out there. menchov ended up in the wettest conditions at the end.
and then the shock of the fall which faded quickly as i did the math.
di luca did nothing really to help himself today. he's just not a good time trialer. you can't make up for talent with effort.
it was great to see menchov let loose the emotion!

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
You're just mad because the "Greatest stage race team in the world" managed only to be recognized for complaining about stages, and refusing to promote cancer research because the press dared write something unflattering about HWMNBN. I know it sucks when your heroes are shown to be wussified whiners who cannot win a stage. Dang.

8 of your last 10 post have been about lance.
is that what it means to you to be a cycling fan?
i'm sad for levi. he'll now go back to his main job. dragging contador up the mountains.
who was your favorite?
how did lance refuse to promote cancer research?
as for whining. levi handled himself with dignity at all times and took the blame for not getting it done.