• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 5 Châteauneuf-du-Pape -> La Montagne de Lure 176 km, Friday 8th March

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Westra said he had a really bad day. Considering where he finished then that's good

That was a surprise for me as well. Imagine if he'd had a day like Mende last year, he would've left Porte for dead. :cool:

But it's a shame, all suspense is gone now... Porte better have a hunger knock tomorrow to keep the race tight.

I'm watching right now: Lopez has adopted a new poker face. At least show some emotion man :p
Christ his look chasing down Gesink and Scarponi, such an ease and cool ride!
And what the hell happened with the Blanco guys?
Talansky was too brave for his own good. He should have played more on tactics. It wasn't up to him to chase down Menchov et al... And Porte, what the hell was that?!

jens_attacks said:
wiggo will be 10x stronger in il giro than richie is now
wait for catalunya

How would you know as usually it is Porte's job to tow Wiggins up the mountains ? Wiggo will be much better by the time of the Giro you would hope and so will Porte. Anyone who can ride a high tempo in the mountains like Porte and Rogers is a good climber. Yesterday he showed what he can do when he is given a chance and if you look at who he beat there was not one Tour contender riding behind him unless people think Menchov, Scarponi and TJVG can win the the Tour. Menchov rode well, Scarponi attacked too early, Talansky tried hard and TJVG did not have any answers to Porte's attack. A great win by Porte all the same.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
of course he's nit in top form. this is his 2nd race. tour and vuelta is where he will be top, but he has a very high base level, will he do catalunya? and what is the course?

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
greenedge said:
Quintana gets a chance to race well, later in the year- at least i hope so, so the hype will start back up again.

I don't think he is in top form at the moment.

Nobody is in top form here. It's a march as some clever guy said. Maybe Porte is peaking here and Westra, who had a bad day but even than finished in groups with Quintana and in front of him.

Hope this guys who hype Quintana at least stop bashing anybody else who isn't so big fan of him cause that's just pathetic now.

TRENDING THREADS