• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of Peloton 2023

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
probably yes. think about how the few months of Leinders work at Sky are still in the minds of the Sky haters, while he worked for years at Rabo. and Jumbo is the former Rabobank. they should be massacred on twitter and on here as Sky was massacred on twitter and on here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fergoose
It stacks. Froome's ridiculous rise and the rest of it mattered as well, obviously. Without him, they would have been hated less, absolutely.
This. Vingegaard also showed no promise to be at such high level but his permanence in the WT peloton was never a question from a young age and you can't say the same for the Dawg (who btw, just ate nearly half an hour to the winner in Rwanda in a Continental level field).

probably yes. think about how the few months of Leinders work at Sky are still in the minds of the Sky haters, while he worked for years at Rabo. and Jumbo is the former Rabobank. they should be massacred on twitter and on here as Sky was massacred on twitter and on here.
Rabo/Jumbo never said "we hired Leinders because our soigneur DIED, YES he DIED, are you so HEARTLESS as to question US, do you WANT more people to DIE?!?!?!". That kind of thing tends to stick

Reactions: veganrob and zlev11
what I mean in the Sky hate, for whatever reason, was hidden behind the anti-doping fight by many fans. any stick to beat Sky, ok, I get it.
when Nibali said he was the flagbearer of antidoping (while at Astana) the Sky haters merely blinked an eye.

Are you sure they didn't roll their eyes? :)

With Sky you had those ridiculous explanations on why they perform the way they did (honestly this is my major annoyance. same with JV atm, we train harder... )
-- Wiggins: i'm whole year @ 90% so i'm better than before when i was at 100%. I was very good TTer in short distance.. so why couldnt i extend this to 10 times the time?
-- Froome: I had a parasite and within a few weeks i went from peleton fodder to beating pro peleton in everything. (Actually froome is back to his real level now)
-- Richy Porte: we do interval training uphill which nobody does, that is why we are good in that.
-- some other: we eat white rice
-- we bring our own pillows, hence its normal we whip the floor with everyone else.

With Nibali this was a lot less (its better to not explain and be doubted than to speak and remove all doubt), although i'm pretty sure nobody on this forum wouldn't laugh his ass off if he said he is the flag bearer of anti doping. (he was one of the first detected motorized dopers... I still remember the vuelta where he basically took a lift in the car.. :), and i think he pulled such a stunt in WC as well).

• Haha
Reactions: Krzysztof_O
to be fair jumbo is using similar arguments right now. This Lanterne Rouge and Benji Naesen analyst thing is one of the funnier ones, but also van baarle claimed that "better nutrition" is a major factor at jumbo two days ago.

whenever a team is as dominant as Jumbo is now oras Team Sky were in the early '10's there are always going to be cheerleaders in the media trying to get clicks. it's just that the British fanboys with typewriters were in major publications while this Benji Naesen guy is a completely irrelevant nobody so it doesn't seem as loud or annoying.

whenever a team is as dominant as Jumbo is now oras Team Sky were in the early '10's there are always going to be cheerleaders in the media trying to get clicks. it's just that the British fanboys with typewriters were in major publications while this Benji Naesen guy is a completely irrelevant nobody so it doesn't seem as loud or annoying.
To be fair that's simply how all sports journalism works in every Country when a sportsman does well or breaks new ground historically. End of the day it's the advertising & marketing industry for the sports and for the major publications writing about them selling it.

Reactions: pastronef
Madouas at Strade, Gaudu today. wow. and the dyckhead Vayer says nothing. biased utter cvnt

(mind I'm fine with them, as I'm fine with Pogacar. I just can't stand Vayer)
I was going to say the same, when the French go wild and FDJ outperforms Quickstep in the cobbled classics (see RVV and P-R last season) it's crickets...

That said, yesterday's climbing time actually looks rather tame, but I'm sure the weather had a lot to do with that.

Reactions: Lui98

TRENDING THREADS