• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of Peloton 2023

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Arkea must be thinking they've shot themselves in the foot with Baudin's reinstatement (although the team's ethics committee's in-depth inquiry would be fun to read. "He got caught using Tramadol. Do we fire him or not? The lawyers say it could be expensive if we fire him ... re-instatement!" A new contract with clauses on immediate firing if caught again etc. How his teammates treat him will be telling.

Reactions: 18-Valve. (pithy)
Do they use it or is it just sponsorship?

I checked their website, 70-95 euros for three 25 ml bottles??! :D All their products have 100 or less reviews in 5 years. Reviews also sound like they were written by handicapped people who are doing a below-average performances. It seems like a scam to me, there are a lot of idiots in the world that can easily be scammed out of money. Particularly in this niche. If it was some kind of magic potion, then surely more people would use it and then 30 euros for 25 ml would be cheap. So in my opinion it is most likely BS.
Alpecin also sells fake hair tonic. So there’s that…

Reactions: Aimar16
Arkea must be thinking they've shot themselves in the foot with Baudin's reinstatement (although the team's ethics committee's in-depth inquiry would be fun to read. "He got caught using Tramadol. Do we fire him or not? The lawyers say it could be expensive if we fire him ... re-instatement!" A new contract with clauses on immediate firing if caught again etc. How his teammates treat him will be telling.
The French word compliquée is doing a lot of work in the communique…I’m guessing it went down as you suggested, can’t fire him for tramadol.

So here's the weird thing that started my pondering about the 120g carbs per hour and ketones is that ketones are produced by your liver when you have 0g carbs per hour stuffed into your body. What happens when you"turbo charge" your body with carbs and ketones? Well, one study done over 3 weeks (wonder why that particular length of time was chosen!) showed a 15% improvement using ketones on day 21. Put together the stopping of a blood sugar "spike" and aiding recovery, then it makes sense to use both.
What the long term effects are though is something we must wait and see.

Armstrong definitely rode the Ronde at least once during his TdF 'winning' run.

Edit: twice even, 2002 and 2005
Looking back, it's a bit weird how Amstel was the race of the spring he would perform best in during his reign. And that he did better without the Cauberg finish (though that might be because it was the last spring classics then).

In the same period he never bothered to perform in the Ardennes, nor the WCRR & Lombardia.

Looking back, it's a bit weird how Amstel was the race of the spring he would perform best in during his reign. And that he did better without the Cauberg finish (though that might be because it was the last spring classics then).

In the same period he never bothered to perform in the Ardennes, nor the WCRR & Lombardia.

Armstrong was in a good attack in the 2003 Liege-Bastogne-Liege that got caught on Saint-Nicolas I think

I also see that he did the 2002 Liege, but I honestly remember absolutely nothing from that race.

Because they never rode it and followed the Armstrong schedule, mostly.

Neither was particularly good one-day racers.

Get over yourself.
Im like literally quoting a pro rider just pointing out the fact that we are in an era where the top tier of riders is on an insane level nobody could ever touch higher than in the past

What do you have to gain by pretending its not happening? Or are you just not getting the idea?