• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ster ZLM Tour

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Indeed. Boom also said before the race that it was in his interest not to make the race too hard. Bakelandts and Hermans spiced the race up, but couldn't hold on vs a large bunch.
Boom is also working towards a peak for the national championships and usually Boom has high peaks.(good form)

I hope he wins, haven't really seen the Dutch champion jersey much last few years. At least Lars would show the jersey off at Paris-Roubaix. Better than nothing. :p

El Pistolero said:
I hope he wins, haven't really seen the Dutch champion jersey much last few years. At least Lars would show the jersey off at Paris-Roubaix. Better than nothing. :p

True. Ligthart hasn't really been able to do anything since he won the National championship.
Terpstra had it the year before, but his spring classic got ruined because he crashed. He did show the jersey non-stop in the Vuelta that year by attacking like every day.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:

Boom is going for national TT championship

The Dutch RR this year was hillier than the hilly stage in ZLM, and he faces better competition there than Cavendish :p

Morbius said:
I want to see a picture of Cav in the middle of the pack with his arms in the air

here it is

11141%7C0000078f4%7Ccdd9_dauphine12st7-Wiggins.jpg

lost a little bit of weight indeed:p

El Pistolero said:
Please, no. Boom needs a kick in the nuts, winning the nationals will make him think he's on top of the world once again, when he's really not.

And it's time for a half-decent climber to win that jersey. So that we don't only get to see it when the wearer is getting dropped off the back on a hill.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Please, no. Boom needs a kick in the nuts, winning the nationals will make him think he's on top of the world once again, when he's really not.

And it's time for a half-decent climber to win that jersey. So that we don't only get to see it when the wearer is getting dropped off the back on a hill.

Come on, if Boom wins the Nationals, the other riders deserve a kick in the nuts imo. The parcours doesn't suit him at all. And it's time to see the Dutch champion shine in the Tour, instead of failing all the time and riding small races like Ligthart did all year.