Steven Kruijswijk

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Re:

burning said:
He's 28, so it is not like this is the final chance of his career, but he needs to get out of that team ASAP. I rewatched it and there was no support from his car for a long time. Seriously, they have literally one job and they are so bad at that.
Amen.

Aug 6, 2011
Okay, it was just announced that he will start today...

Don't know if that is wise, but we'll see.

Mar 9, 2012
It's cycling after all and we could also witness one incredible ride into the maglia rosa today. This Giro is like a thriller.

Mar 14, 2016
Sometimes you can ride when you can't walk. It's happened to me more than once, riding is different because you don't have to bear as much weight on the legs.

Jul 20, 2015
How much time we he lose today? A fractured rib will no doubt affect his breathing, so will be in a lot of pain. Hopefully he will hold onto the podium spot

Sep 8, 2009
vai stevieeee

i really hope he can finish on the podium.
nibali knew his weakness on the descent, he should have never follow him.

Hamilton was 4th in the Tour with a siilar injury... he suffered a lot anyway... but for Kruijswijk today is the worse day, no way he can perform well, he likely didnt sleep much last night, pain in the race, body ussing energy in recovery...His legs will be ok and he was very strong...but I think he will lose maybe 15 minutes.

Oct 23, 2011
Vai Stefano!!

Hopefully he can hold unto a podium spot, though I am doubtful. :(

Today will probably be a terrible and painful ride for him. He's really brave to take it on.

Re:

jaylew said:
Just watched the entire coverage as I had only seen the last ~45k. How on earth was there a 28 man break with no one there for SK? :confused: What the hell were they thinking?
They said that they tried, but all Jumbo's were caught all the time. The break went away on the lower slopes of the Agnel, when the lack of climbing prowess of the team was already being a problem

Mar 14, 2016
Come on, every man and his dog were in that breakaway, and LottoNL just happened to be the big team that missed out? Addy Engels not fessing up to his responsibilities here.

Bram Tankink was woken up early by a really annoying sound. So he walks up, mad, naked to get angry at whoever is making that sound so he can go back to sleep again. He opens the door and sees Steven Kruijswijk on riding on the rollers to try and loosen up already.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS