• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Steven Kruijswijk

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
WheelofGear said:
Come on, Dekker_Tifosi. Kruijswijk was spectacular in the 2016 Giro but Uran has 3 Grand Tour podiums. I think Kruijswijk's average level is closer to Mollema than it is to Uran.

The only evidence that Kruijswijk can compete with any of those guys is one race he didn't finish.

One race he probably would have won based on what happened up until then but that's history and 2017 didn't work out for him so I hope he does better next season.

movingtarget said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
WheelofGear said:
Come on, Dekker_Tifosi. Kruijswijk was spectacular in the 2016 Giro but Uran has 3 Grand Tour podiums. I think Kruijswijk's average level is closer to Mollema than it is to Uran.

The only evidence that Kruijswijk can compete with any of those guys is one race he didn't finish.

One race he probably would have won based on what happened up until then but that's history and 2017 didn't work out for him so I hope he does better next season.

He looked great, I was hoping he’d win and I also hope he shows it wasn’t a fluke in the future. But one race two years ago that he didn’t finish is not enough to rank a 30 year old rider who has two career wins with the likes of Uran, Martin, Zakarin or for that matter Yates and Mollema. Judging by their careers so far, all of them should be favorites to finish ahead of him in any race. He’s intriguing though because he has been great just often enough to show that his upper limits are much less clear than they really should be for a guy who has been around this long.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
@WheelofGear: If Kruijswijk is anywhere near his 2016 form or end of 2015 Giro form, he is WAY stronger than Martin, Yates and even Uran. Hell, he sorely outclassed Nibali even in 2016. Ofcourse it depends on form. But to say Yates and Zakarin are clearly better is really taking it too far.
Yeah 2017 Kruijswijk didn't have it, but he never appeared to be in optimum shape due to a fall in yorkshire (giro) and illness (early vuelta).

That Giro was ridiculous. Nibali was a shadow of his 2014 or 2017 general form and still could win. Pathetic and not to be compared to anything.

bambino said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
@WheelofGear: If Kruijswijk is anywhere near his 2016 form or end of 2015 Giro form, he is WAY stronger than Martin, Yates and even Uran. Hell, he sorely outclassed Nibali even in 2016. Ofcourse it depends on form. But to say Yates and Zakarin are clearly better is really taking it too far.
Yeah 2017 Kruijswijk didn't have it, but he never appeared to be in optimum shape due to a fall in yorkshire (giro) and illness (early vuelta).

That Giro was ridiculous. Nibali was a shadow of his 2014 or 2017 general form and still could win. Pathetic and not to be compared to anything.

Yeah Nibali was ordinary in the 2017 Giro but much worse in 2016. That's why I though SK had the race sewn up until the fall. But the injuries definitely effected SK in 2017. Be interesting to see if Fuglsang can do another good Dauphine next season as well. I thought that was even more surprising than what SK did because like many others I thought Porte had the race sorted but that's Porte, finding ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory !

Aug 18, 2017
Visit site
his support in the Tour to be Lars Boom, Robert Gesink, Dylan Groenewegen, Primož Roglič, Timo Roosen + 2 from Stef Clement, Tom Leezer, Paul Martens & Amund Grøndahl Jansen

So, I just noticed Kruijswijk got through the first week pretty much unharmed and finished in the first group in the first mountain stage. Not saying he will win this tour, but the last time he was looking as good early in a gt was the giro 2016, so maybe the shape is back. Maybe a decent bet for a top five overall in Paris?

Gigs_98 said:
So, I just noticed Kruijswijk got through the first week pretty much unharmed and finished in the first group in the first mountain stage. Not saying he will win this tour, but the last time he was looking as good early in a gt was the giro 2016, so maybe the shape is back. Maybe a decent bet for a top five overall in Paris?

Not looking bad. I wonder how his flat TT is though, the one in the Giro was a mountain TT which is where he gained even more time on Nibali at the time.

TRENDING THREADS