• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Steven Kruijswijk

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

jmdirt said:
I don't have time to read back through all the posts, but did anybody have this guy picked for the top three GC finish? Its a long way from over, but he's looking good!

I don't participate in predictions anymore, but looking at him last year and realising that normally he could be better now that he completely focussed on the GC I was thinking about atleast an top 5 for him. Hoping/thinking, since he is also quite unproven in a GT besides 2 good Giros that had 3 years in between.

I know why he faded and why returned at the top, but still he had to show it again. Well he was mentally ready this time as well. So was the team supporting him for 100% so this time no stupid time losses in the first hectic and now he also climbs atleast like last year so everything that he had to confirm has been confirmed. Except for his always great 3rd week.

Honestly last year he wasn't the best during the last stages. So the race is still wide open.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Vass43 said:
well he certainly has put himself right into contention to win this now. I think after today theres only 3 real chances to win Kruijswijk, Nibali & Chaves. Lets see how Kruijswijk goes during the last week - my only questions on him is if his team can support him adequately.

Last year Kruswijk was great on the third week. Attacking with Contador on Mortirolo. Then I believe last mountain stage he left Contador in the dust on the gravel. So he is no fluke when it comes to 3rd week. He has a good chance to win it. (I hope he will). Last year he got no team support. Now that Amador/Valverde is 3+ minutes and Fuglsang has dropped like a stone, it reduced his headache of having to control the team mate of GC contender. Now he just needs to pay attention to Chavez and Nibali.

Re:

Red Rick said:
His name is Steven moda**** Crushweak and don't you ever forget it.

I'm kinda worried about about the Andalo stage and the Pinerolo stage. Those are some tricky stage.

Also Flo, you're not betraying our country this time by supporting eyetalians?
I support Kruijswijk, Chavito and Zaka. I don't care who wins out of those 3.

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What were the odds for Stevens's win in this Giro? Just curious as Bookmakers are the most reliable source for predictions according to some.

TRENDING THREADS