• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Steven Kruijswijk

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I feel bad for him, he was the strongest gc contender in the race.
I don't think that he can recover, that kind of effort after a hard crash will wear you out, but hopefully he'll be able to save a podium spot.
Sadly that wasn't the first time that he had problems on a descent durning the Giro, on the Sestola stage he also overshoot a corner and almost took out Majka.

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Djoop said:
Sickening. I had to sit and see Ulrich waiting for Armstrong and Nibs and Chaves gazz when Kruijswijk fell. Cycling seems to be made for cheats. This is going to be one stolen victory by either Chaves or Nibali.

The situations can't really be compared. Ullrich waited, when Armstrong fell due to a spectator at a time, while in a very small group that basically consisted of only GC contenders, if I recall correctly. Kruiswijk fell due to his own fault at a different situation. And even then, I remember being hugely disappointed when Ullrich waited at the time and didn't attack.

You may call it unsportsmanlike, if you want to, and I'm really sorry for Kruiswijk, but to call it cheating really sounds far-fetched.

Re: Re:

HSNHSN said:
Djoop said:
Sickening. I had to sit and see Ulrich waiting for Armstrong and Nibs and Chaves gazz when Kruijswijk fell. Cycling seems to be made for cheats. This is going to be one stolen victory by either Chaves or Nibali.

The situations can't really be prepared. Ullrich waited, when Armstrong fell due to a spectator at a time, while in a very small group that basically consisted of only GC contenders, if I recall correctly. Kruiswijk fell due to his own fault at a different situation. And even then, I remember being hugely disappointed when Ullrich waited at the time and didn't attack.

You may call it unsportsmanlike, if you want to, and I'm really sorry for Kruiswijk, but to call it cheating really sounds far-fetched.

Ullrich wanst attacking and it wanst Lance blame... in this case nobody oblies Kruijswijk to follow Nibali in the ddescent.. that i dangerous and he shoudl Know it... he is weaker than Nibali on the descents and he has 3 minutes, he was justno ibtelligent... he just needed to descent carefully and follow another group, attacking at the end...

There is not possible comparision with Lance/Ulle affair...

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Popchu said:
News...

MEDICAL UPDATE @s_kruijswijk has a small rib fracture and is struggling with pains in his foot and side. New update, tomorrow morning.

Rip.
Thank god I got Valverde > Krujswijk @ 1,66

That's all you gotta say? Would love to see your reaction if that happens to Quintana at the Tour.

I feel really bad for SK, he has been the strongest by far in this Giro; but he did make a mistake by trying so hard to follow on the descend, particularly since he was on the limit at the top of the previous climb. Either Chaves or Nibali would be worthy champions if it comes to that.

I don't really see the problem. I played it without knowing (the bookmakers didn't either) how bad his condition was, a risk, and apparently, I was right and he seems defeated mentally and psychically. I might as well make money out of it. Part of the game, ain't it?

I think it was sad to see Krujswijk lose the Giro this way which I have written on this forum, but I might as well share the very good opportunity to play the h2h in here since it at this point seems to be a very good bet

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I don't really see the problem. I played it without knowing (the bookmakers didn't either) how bad his condition was, a risk, and apparently, I was right and he seems defeated mentally and psychically. I might as well make money out of it. Part of the game, ain't it?

I think it was sad to see Krujswijk lose the Giro this way which I have written on this forum, but I might as well share the very good opportunity to play the h2h in here since it at this point seems to be a very good bet
NOBODY CARES.

I'm sure if Kruijswijk had to choose between a) a top 5 finish, which would probably be exceeding pre-race expectations and b) crushing the competition for 18 and a half days, recognising he definitely had the ability, and crashing out, showing him he just needed to work on his descending to really be a top tier racer, I'm sure he'd choose option b.

Kruijswijk will be back :)

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

I don't really care about on the chances of Valverde to overtake Kruijswijk in GC, but I might as well share the opportunity to tell you to go and *** off, since at this point it seems it would be a very appreciated move

@ Popchu, I thought about giving you a warning for that insensitive, classless post. It's not OK to rejoice when a guy takes a tumble and loses maybe the greatest opportunity of his life. He may never be in this situation again. A little sportsmanship, please.

@ classicomano, he still has a podium to defend. That's huge.

Valv.Piti said:
classicomano said:
This is not the right time to mess with the Dutch defense force, our chauvinistic anger is reaching peak levels right now.

I see, it wasn't with malicious intent whatsoever, but I guess you would all be better off without me contributing further here for now

Now you explain to us, why are you posting that here? There's a dedicated sportsbetting thread in the Games and Cycling section, where everyone who opens it is interested. So why in this thread, and why now?

Red Rick said:
Valv.Piti said:
classicomano said:
This is not the right time to mess with the Dutch defense force, our chauvinistic anger is reaching peak levels right now.

I see, it wasn't with malicious intent whatsoever, but I guess you would all be better off without me contributing further here for now

Now you explain to us, why are you posting that here? There's a dedicated sportsbetting thread in the Games and Cycling section, where everyone who opens it is interested. So why in this thread, and why now?

I didn't even know. Thanks for the advice, I will try to use it next time.
The markets are quick. It was a matter of minutes before the odds (from 1,70 to now 1,50) would be changed, now that you asked. Enough off topic.

TRENDING THREADS