• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Steven Kruijswijk

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Forever The Best said:
He didn't ride for the win at any point in the race. In fact I don't think he deserved the podium either. Bernal, Alaphilippe and Pinot were the ones most deserving imo. Hell, even Thomas attacked more than Kruijswijk. :eek:
Yeah but he could only lose the podium to Buchmann and that would have been even worse.

Congrats to him for getting a podium. Losing that Giro the way he did was tragic.

Not surprised he thought Bernal was out of range (he was), but to not even try to get 14 seconds on Thomas? I think we learned that Bernal is ready to start the future now, and #2-3 are meant to be superdoms, not leaders. Kruijswijk will make a great dom for Dumoulin.

VayaVayaVaya said:
Congrats to him for getting a podium. Losing that Giro the way he did was tragic.

Not surprised he thought Bernal was out of range (he was), but to not even try to get 14 seconds on Thomas? I think we learned that Bernal is ready to start the future now, and #2-3 are meant to be superdoms, not leaders. Kruijswijk will make a great dom for Dumoulin.

you mean Roglic

Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
He didn't ride for the win at any point in the race. In fact I don't think he deserved the podium either. Bernal, Alaphilippe and Pinot were the ones most deserving imo. Hell, even Thomas attacked more than Kruijswijk. :eek:
Yeah but he could only lose the podium to Buchmann and that would have been even worse.
Yes, I was rooting for Alaphilippe to hang on for Kruijswijk and Buchmann to finish outside the podium. When he cracked I thought 'Well, Kruijswijk is at least a proven GT rider so I prefer him to Buchmann'. And Buchmann's riding today proved that he deserved it even less, which is quite an achievement itself.

hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
He counter attacked Thomas on Iseran and slightly gapped him, despite having zero kick!

topt said:
VayaVayaVaya said:

you mean Roglic

Imagine they enter all 3 for next years Tour, to seriously rival Ineos for dominance :cool:

It's not gonna happen, but what a race it would be, with Froome, Thomas & Bernal, against Roglic, Dumoulin & Kruijswijk :p

Broccolidwarf said:
topt said:
VayaVayaVaya said:

you mean Roglic

Imagine they enter all 3 for next years Tour, to seriously rival Ineos for dominance :cool:

It's not gonna happen, but what a race it would be, with Froome, Thomas & Bernal, against Roglic, Dumoulin & Kruijswijk :p
That's if Froome's even on the team next season. There's a lot of pain and suffering ahead for CF between now and Tour 2020. I hope he makes it back in time at a good level but it's going to be a monumental ask.

Forever The Best said:
hrotha said:
Forever The Best said:
Yes, I was rooting for Alaphilippe to hang on for Kruijswijk and Buchmann to finish outside the podium. When he cracked I thought 'Well, Kruijswijk is at least a proven GT rider so I prefer him to Buchmann'. And Buchmann's riding today proved that he deserved it even less, which is quite an achievement itself.

A proven GT rider and an unproven GT rider who both tried to play it as safe as possible, yet one was worse than the other. Go figure.

Re:

hrotha said:
No, Kruijswijk was less bad than Buchmann because he did attack once or twice and he used his team aggressively another couple of times.

Rider with stronger team used his team aggressively. Seems like a rather strange argument, but ok.

And do you also count an attack when the less bad rider was behind a more bad one?

TRENDING THREADS