• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Question Suggestions on places to stay for riding in Belgium please

Sep 4, 2023
Visit site
I/we will be travelling to Belgium (From Canada) in May of next year. I am planning a few days in Spa for that area, and Oudennaarde for the Flanders area. I need one more "center of operations", can anyone suggest a third place for say four days and why?

Many thanks, Pat

I/we will be travelling to Belgium (From Canada) in May of next year. I am planning a few days in Spa for that area, and Oudennaarde for the Flanders area. I need one more "center of operations", can anyone suggest a third place for say four days and why?

Many thanks, Pat

You do know Belgium is the size of a postage stamp compared to Canada, right?
If you are staying in Spa for the Ardennes region, and Oudenaarde for the Flanders region, you pretty much got it covered I think ;-)
Perhaps the region around Leuven might be a third option, but I wouldn't bother tbh.