• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Summer Games Paris 2024

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If this weather stays/gets worse for Mens wonder how impacts race.

Probably hurts Evanepoel.

Ganna has some great results in bad weather.
Tarling is a very good bike handler.
van Aert, while he does love a crazy crash, is ofc an incredible bike handler.

Knibb is damn fast... but jeez... is this her first week on a bike!

Bike handling skills worse than the average u-10 Cyclocross rider... multiple of those crashes were avoidable. Just bad cornering and unaware of where was on road.
On the first day of the Olympics, my cycling god gave me 3 bike crashes, 2 bloody cuts, & a bike change on top of all that.

Only turned in like 10 minutes ago.
Am I imagining things, or are they simply not showing splittimes. And I saw a single finish without any standings.
Or is that just ARD?

Anyway: very annoying!

Edit: now the commentators are confused because they didn't show Vollering, and wonder if she started. Aha, so it's the coverage.
They did show her starting tho... Commentators just terrible, no idea how they missed that.

Austrian commentator just called Longo Borgini "Longo" but said the name with a french accent. Only a few minutes and I'm already completely fed up with commentators who haven't watched a cycling race since Tokyo three years ago.

Yeah the Beeb are already on mute because Brotherton is doing his procycling stats style of commentary, where he just reads out every stage,race win of a rider all the flippin time !!

• Wow
Reactions: Monte Serra