• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Summer Games Paris 2024

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
To continue my complaining about the Austrian broadcast, an Austrian athlete actually won a medal in the WC version of this event a year ago but you wouldn't know from this broadcast which is entirely centered around Kiesenhofer because of a fluke gold medal. Like, I cannot remember a higher level Austrian cyclist going into an olympic event or a WC race yet Schweinberger hardly even gets mentioned.

Do they at least know what's going on on the road? ARD just doesn't help you at all following the race. I know more about the times then them, without trying hard at all.

There shocked by Labou, like the first time split didn't exist.

Heard nothing about Henderson yet and she's first at the split atm.

Reactions: Sandisfan
To continue my complaining about the Austrian broadcast, an Austrian athlete actually won a medal in the WC version of this event a year ago but you wouldn't know from this broadcast which is entirely centered around Kiesenhofer because of a fluke gold medal. Like, I cannot remember a higher level Austrian cyclist going into an olympic event or a WC race yet Schweinberger hardly even gets mentioned.
Don't worry, German broadcast is just as bad. The main commentator is breathing heavily into the mic as if he's doing the time trial himself.
The female co-commentator is better but often put in a akward position of explaining what the guy just missed.
Overall they seem to have no idea about what's going on except what's being shown in the broadcast, how the hell can they not have a statistical timetable or anything as backup? Terrible

Edit: My godness, they just thought Anniina Ahtosalo who crossed the finish line was Lotte Kopecky and wondered if she finished on a different bike?

Don't worry, German broadcast is just as bad. The main commentator is breathing heavily into the mic as if he's doing the time trial himself.
The female co-commentator is better but often put in a akward position of explaining what the guy just missed.
Overall they seem to have no idea about what's going on except what's being shown in the broadcast, how the hell can they not have a statistical timetable or anything as backup? Terrible

Edit: My godness, they just thought Anniina Ahtosalo who crossed the finish line was Lotte Kopecky and wondered if she finished on a different bike?

The Co-Commentator is better yes, but because we can't have nothing to complain, she butchers every name as good as she can.

Somebody is gonna be a pure luck merchant today, sorry to tell you people
Know just the man;

images

Oh man.
German Co-Commentator: She was 20 seconds behind on the road to brown anyway.
German Commentator: And that's much?

It is incredible every Olympics how they roll out commentators who dont even do the bare minimum in the lead up to events they will cover.

Comical. Like... you know probably months, even years out you are going to be covering something. And so many just sit there and do ZERO prep work.