• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sunday 16th Jan: Cancer Council Classic, 51km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Yeah, shut up already, here in cold, grey, and rainy Holland we don't like to hear about beautiful Australian sunsets ;)

BTW I had no idea there were 30 minute time zones in Australia.
They are 30 minutes behind in time but a lot more in reality!:eek:
maltiv said:
ACF 94 is overrating Kristoff beyond imagination but if there's one thing he has, it's amazing speed. He doesn't seem to be able to utilize on it though, as he often comes to the sprints exhausted and/or in bad position.

He's mostly shown this kind of speed in training though, but he was also the fastest (I think) in the last meters of vattenfall last year. I also believe he beat Cavendish in an intermediate sprint at the 2008 Tour of Ireland, although I'm not sure how commited Cavendish was to that particular sprint :p

Yes you are mostly right. But don't worry, Kristoff has just told me that he is feeling better from his cold! They might actually go with Murphy who does a fair bit of Criterium racing.

Perfect example of Kristoff getting caught behind.
Here is a pic of the great man!
66838_151172371596747_133552943358690_245236_5391959_n.jpg

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
The live telecast online should be from 7pm (Melbourne Time) 8am UTC GMT, Midnight UTC -8 hours & 9am UTC +1.

Go to the cycling central site to get the link for live coverage.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Yeah, shut up already, here in cold, grey, and rainy Holland we don't like to hear about beautiful Australian sunsets ;)

BTW I had no idea there were 30 minute time zones in Australia.

wait what ? sunshine (let alone sunset) in an australian summer? asif...

goss wins.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
wait what ? sunshine (let alone sunset) in an australian summer? asif...

goss wins.

Not sure about Goss in this.

1. Will they work for him or Cav? I think they will work for Cav.
2. Does he have that top end speed to beat guys like Farrar or Greipel? I don't think so.

auscyclefan94 said:
Not sure about Goss in this.

1. Will they work for him or Cav? I think they will work for Cav.
2. Does he have that top end speed to beat guys like Farrar or Greipel? I don't think so.

I think you are right. Unless Cav is not at 100%, like sick or something, I think Cavs still their guy.

Too bad it'll be midnight here (GMT-8) before they start.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
I would say Kristoff has no chance at winning, but then he would prove me wrong and win a stage, and ACF will rubbing it in. ****.
I am not sure he is in the best form and I personally think he will win a stage at qatar. They will have a better support team for him there
taiwan said:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/htc-highroad-relies-on-goss-for-tdu-overall-title Apparently HTC Highroad are relying on Goss for the TDU overall title.

Doesn't mean he will contest every sprint. He isn't a pure sprinter like Cav. They will work for Goss on Stage 3 to Stirling and and Stage 5 to Wilunga. I can't believe that I am analysing a race like the tdu so much :p

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Interesting to see if anyone decides such an irrelevant adjunct to a warm up race isn't worth risking serious injury - if every decent sprinter has a train trying to set up in a crit this could easily get spicy.

If you have a train on the front by the last lap that team will be likely to win. Not easy to move up especially because the circuit is so fast.

liamlarkin said:
anyone have a good link for the live race video?

not yet - but found this one that looks like it might cover something later. from their website:
Note: The TDU Cancer Council Classic is on Sunday (Saturday night U.S. time). Our LIVE Coverage Guide will be posted Saturday night, then updated with the latest for the race start.

Start time: 6:45pm local (Adelaide) Sunday
(3:15am U.S. Eastern)
(09:15am CET)

http://www.cyclingfans.com/