• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Supercross (Motocross too)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
My first and probably only hero.

I saw RD crush everybody at a Trans-Am, Saddleback in 1976. Danny La Porte won the support class that day.

I was hooked.... Big time.

Mine as well.. but I still wouldn't stink up my fireplace with Atlas Shrugged

A

Anonymous

Anaheim 1, 2012, Live tonight... Speed Channel 7pm PST.

Go Dungey.

The 2016 SX season if off and flying! A Husq on top of the box?! Even if it is mostly a KTM that's pretty crazy! Dungey looks ready to defend his title. 22 is still going fast! A nice MMA episode at round one to keep the NASCAR fans tuned in. The race for the win wasn't really tight in SD, but there were some great battles behind 1 and 22.

Another good ride by Roczen. Dungey is dialed this year and the best he could do was pressure KROC for 20 laps. That track was horrible last night, though. It's so clear that 450's are too big for stadium SX. I don't know how Feld can fix it but it's ruining the racing. After watching some older SX races (2 stroke 250's) on YouTube I was reminded how much better the bar to bar racing used to be. Even when Mcagrath yarded the field there were intense battles behind him.

I had given up on this thread thinking that I was the only one watching SX. I wonder how "measured" RD was? KR is a big talent so RD is likely riding near the edge but not willing to push the edge.

99% of bikes sold don't ever see an SX track and 450 four strokes are amazing machines so don't expect manufacturers to bring back two stroke dirt bikes. I had the opportunity/thrill to ride a 250 2s, 250 4s, 450 4s, 500 2s back to back. The 450 4s was the best bike, but since I'm old now, I would buy the 250 4s if I bought a new bike because it was more docile.

Agree that 2-strokes won't be back at the pro level for many reasons. I'll be 50 this year and ride a KTM200EXC. When I go slow it ain't the bike's fault. But at this point I do more woods riding and only venture on a MX track to chase my son around. Or the GP style track where we ride sometimes. For me, watching a pro blip a 450 throttle to clear a triple or ride the whole track in 3rd gear takes away from the spectacle of SX.

Cool you rode all those bikes back to back. I've ridden them all, too, but not on the same day. The KTM 350 is a good one. A Service Honda 500 let me shaking and glad to hand the beast back to it's owner. A KTM 300 will be my next ride.

Let's hope the ATL track offers more passing spots than Dallas.

Oh yea, Roczen rode a fantastic race. He looks to be the only one who can ride RD's pace indoors. Maybe Anderson could be with them if he pulls a start in a Main. Tomac's my favorite so I look forward to seeing him outdoors in the Nationals.

Nighttrain99 said:
Agree that 2-strokes won't be back at the pro level for many reasons. I'll be 50 this year and ride a KTM200EXC. When I go slow it ain't the bike's fault. But at this point I do more woods riding and only venture on a MX track to chase my son around. Or the GP style track where we ride sometimes. For me, watching a pro blip a 450 throttle to clear a triple or ride the whole track in 3rd gear takes away from the spectacle of SX.

Cool you rode all those bikes back to back. I've ridden them all, too, but not on the same day. The KTM 350 is a good one. A Service Honda 500 let me shaking and glad to hand the beast back to it's owner. A KTM 300 will be my next ride.

Let's hope the ATL track offers more passing spots than Dallas.
The KTM 350 is a great bike! I loved watching Cairoli smoke the 450s on it...he switched to a 450 though. Actually all of the new bikes are great! 500 2 strokes are violent monsters! I like Tomac too! I raced behind his dad for several years on mountain bikes! :D

Re:

jmdirt said:
The KTM's dominated in ATL, GA...1, 2, 4, 5, and kind of 7 and 9!
That many orange bikes in front reminds me of any local off-road race. Stewart seems to have inserted himself into another controversy. I was gutted for Musquin. Let's hope Hahn, Short, and Nicoletti heal up soon.

Re:

jmdirt said:
Dungey wins another title!
Yes he did. I hated seeing his podium streak end last week. Who are you picking for the Nationals? Dungey will be hard to beat the way he and the KTM are dialed. Roczen and Tomac should make it interesting. People I know who were at Nationals last year said Tomac was going faster than anyone they'd ever seen on a MX track.

Re: Re:

Nighttrain99 said:
jmdirt said:
Dungey wins another title!
Yes he did. I hated seeing his podium streak end last week. Who are you picking for the Nationals? Dungey will be hard to beat the way he and the KTM are dialed. Roczen and Tomac should make it interesting. People I know who were at Nationals last year said Tomac was going faster than anyone they'd ever seen on a MX track.
I'd like to see Tomac finally have his breakout.

Vegas was a fun mudder last night! Congrats to Webb and M Stewart. I was pulling for both of them.

MXGP comes to Charlotte on 2-Sept on what looks to be a suspect track at best. It's the same weekend as NitroCircus' first stop ever here and the annual Darlington Speedway party that is a NASCAR race. I can't let down my best riding buddy so I bet we'll be at NitroCircus.

TRENDING THREADS