• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

[Suspended] CNF Clinic Award: Best Clean Rider of 2013

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sniper said:
it's gonna be fun also seeing posters who in other threads demand hard evidence before calling out a performance post names in here without any shred of evidence of cleanliness.

kittel's lie detector test was a nice try though.
Sniper, is near impossible to prove that you are clean no matter what. You almost need to give out some of your own money for appopiate testing to prove cleaningness because the sole UCI tests are not enough. And power numbers are not enough either. Not even close. Then you can start by promoting yourself as a clean rider, that you belong to bikepure and stuff, but those are just words.

How else can you prove that you are clean?

On the other hand it is easier to prove the you are dirty. Just being involve with a team with shady past history and that is enough. And almost every team has had run-ins with the law.

What do you suggest?

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Contador passed a lie detector test too :) I am confident he is clean now... I think so :D

That tactic actually works. Kittel did they same for German tv and it seemed he was then suddenly viewed as credibly clean after passing.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
Daniel Martin LBL. Perhaps the best win in pro cycling since the early 90s.

Andrew Talansky catching and dropping a fading Clentadoppucci on the last MTF of the tour, in one simple sequence reopening the debate over natural talent vs. O2 vector doping.

Dan Martins win will always have a dark cloud hanging over it because of all the help he got from unrepentant doper Ryder Hesjedal.

Big Doopie said:
Daniel Martin LBL. Perhaps the best win in pro cycling since the early 90s.

Andrew Talansky catching and dropping a fading Clentadoppucci on the last MTF of the tour, in one simple sequence reopening the debate over natural talent vs. O2 vector doping.

To be clear, I don't know one way or another if Talansky is clean but he comes from the poisoned well of Thom Wiesel's "Riders should be allowed to dope." system. (USACDF) Despite that, he may be cleanish.

We'll find out after the statute of limitations protect whatever results he has.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
sublimit said:
Going with a sprinter here with either the Gorilla, Cav or Bouhanni. GC clean riders possibly a kid like Pinot other than that who knows

The sprinters I feel like are the most likely to be clean, or at least they gain the least from hard to detect drugs and would gain a lot more with easy to detect drugs. I have a feeling that guys like Coquard, Bouhanni, Demare, etc are all clean. Probably some of the ****tier english guys like Fenn & Swift are also clean. Doubt any of the Spandiards are clean, probably alot of the young Italians are clean though. So my award goes to either Pinot, Moser, or Coquard.

TRENDING THREADS