• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 136 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Imagine having to face him at the Tour as a gc rider after watching today, I'd be begging my team to send me to the Giro or just stagehunting at the Tour and the Vuelta for the GC...

Well if I was a GC rider I would have already asked that before today. Therefore it is also quite surprising to me that the quality of the Giro field is not that high.

On the other hand. Almost all GC podium contenders are in 6-7 teams nowadays. So the others will always have to sent in some captains who get crushed by Pogacar.

Reactions: Poursuivant
Rarely have we seen someone be this strong in Flanders. This is some absolute peak Cancellara or Boonen stuff!

Hoping he goes to Roubaix! He has the Tour sealed up anyways more or less, doesnt he ;)
I don't know, he didn't even manage to go clear at any point, couldn't even drop a subpar Asgreen. On Kwaremont he only gapped Küng and Pidcock by ~4''. Overrated.

I dont think we watched the same race. Pogacar accelerated on every climb from 55 km to go, and even before on Berg ten Houte as well, and was basically the sole aggressor in the race. I will remember the 2nd time on Kwaremont for a while, the images of him motoring past everyone was pretty epic. 3rd time straight up gapping the whole break apart from VDP from the get-go, almost dropping him on Paterberg, a more than solid attack on Koppenberg as well.

And sure he didnt drop Asgreen on Kwaremont, but how did that next climb go for Kasper after following his wheel on Kwaremont?