• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 224 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He has a busy schedule. And now he even added E3 to his races. Is he expending to much energy before the Tour?

wmaQqNN.png
Hopefully all the big guns will be there at E-3. That race is by far the second best race of the Belgian cobble classics, so Im thrilled about that one. Its a great race for Pog.

He could skip Dwars for all that I care.

Itis favolous to have riders like him.

Pogacar is a gift for a cycling fan.

I dont thinbks this kind of echibitions will be a problem for le tour in his case. Maybe yes in other riders.
I dont think Vingegard is uch less strong now or even takeing easy. He was maybe less motivated after first defeat, but he was close to fill the gap with Popgacar after been him forst to attack..and he cracked..That is maybe worse looking at le Tour de France, than what Poggu made today, becouse is was a very well designed stage for him, Eze suits him very well (he is very good at everything anyway) and he is a rider able to keep an attack till the end similar strong. To compare with contador, he was agressive, Exe suit jhim very well as well, he had an attack similar to Pogacar. I will say even bettter, but maybe I am wrong, but after 2 km attack, he started to fade a little....so, for example today Poggy would have won with 40 second if he dont celebrate at the end...Contador would have won with 20.

And he has try to win the most possible and to ride for cycling fans as well. so, it is a mistake to say he is riding bad now. This will be always in our memories, in le Tour he can crash or something...you cant put everything on a race. To win is always make feeling well and that is the best natural and legal doping you can take.

Another new stage race win. Is he gonna make a switch in his schedule the next years so he can win them all?

I am pretty sure that he is going to race the Giro during his career but that might have to wait until 2025. He could already return to the Vuelta this year though depending on how much energy he has left after the Tour. I don't think he cares too much about winning all WT stage races but he should be at Dauphiné somewhere in the future.

One thing that its still missing from his palmares is a title racing for Slovenia. Next year though, he should have a good opportunity with the Olympics and World Championship and at least the Zürich course should suit him.

Last edited:
It's crazy to say that but I think Pogacar is about just now about to reveal his true potential. It's almost like he just finally matured from being an amateur to a pro.
If anything he'd be a better tactical rider. His physical skills seem to be on a consistent, upward arc that only get impacted by impetuous racing efforts. We all may hate the Tadej that is reserved but consistently successful but it's what's needed when you're the marked guy.

There will be full diapers if he shows up on a Colnago aero prototype w hand written approval stamp from UCI..have not seen him go deep yet..but intermediate, early season climbing looks excellent, very punchy and is taking sprints at all lines..TT looks solid.. Still wondering if Boonen can turn this into something to smile about.. If Pogocar is being held back by equipment, someone needs to tell him so he can ride accordingly

I don't think he'll ride Amstel. LBL is too important and he also needs freshness for LFW (where he has underperformed so far). Judging by his performances and cycles I think he may not be able to keep top form beyond mid-April so reducing races can be a way to keep some freshness. I'm expecting vintage Pogacar until RVV but not necessarily afterwards.

More chances of winning Amstel than Flèche so especially as it would allow a full week gap in races if choice is to skip 1 race then surely flèche would be the one that gives way.

Reactions: Sandisfan