• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 225 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The dude is amazing, early in the season or not, form or not it's never good mentally to take a beating like Vingo did. Watching the @ss of your nemesis ride away. Yikes...

Roglic avoids him. But respect to Primoz, he took care of his business this week in great fashion. Remco avoids him too. Tadej Pogacar can win any day, any time, hilly, MTF, descending finish, TT...and he can sprint.

I have been there before, I can't believe how good he is, but I want to believe.

The dude is amazing, early in the season or not, form or not it's never good mentally to take a beating like Vingo did. Watching the @ss of your nemesis ride away. Yikes...

I have been there before, I can't believe how good he is, but I want to believe.

I have to admit that despite his amazing strength and versatility, it's only with this P-N that I have really come to "like" him as a rider. His readiness to fight for every bonus second out of concern -- unfounded in the end -- that Jumbo would wipe him out in the TTT was great to see. And of course his overall attacking style lights up any parlours, while it is clear that he just enjoys racing so much that it's contagious to the viewer.

I'd still like to see Roglic get his TdF title, but his fellow Slovenian is clearly a worthy champion and rival.

An encouraging performance In dominating P-N. However there are no certainties in cycling - like what happened in 2022. But I do hope Pogi has learned from that and has returned to set the record straight. There is only one over 2,000 metre MTF this year which helps him. So I think pressure is 100% on Vingegaard and JV. The big plus for Vingo is it looks like Roglic is back just in time.

From 2017

FrGyVL7aIAMzncr

So far so good for Tadej. I think any extra weight with regards to the tour is currently a bonus for the classics and maybe even part of the plan.
My only hope is that he will not get complacent, even if he wins it all from now till the tour, he has to remember the main point he has to prove is in July.
Staying hungry for the main course while already clearing the appetizers for the whole table is often an underappreciated ability of the champions of such kind, specially as I don't see Tadej as a socio/psycho-path, but rather an amazingly normal (not average) person.
But I have confidance in him, he never repeats his mistakes and the stinging of the last tour can only be aliviated with proving the point in the tour itself.

Last edited:
To me he already looks comparably lean (also to last years TdF). But I guess Vingegaards skeleton body is again the flavour of the season and has to be matched to some degree.
Pogi has raced long enough to have a healthy respect for what is an appropriate weight. Jonas; IMO he's flirting with deeper injuries with that stature, although he has survived crashes without any huge consequences?

He's riding Amstel Gold Race instead of Waalse Pijl. Why doesn't he do all 3? It's been a while since we got someone that won AGR, WP and LBL in the same week. Gilbert last time (2011), and Rebellin before that?

According to PCS he will do all three, though his record in Fleche is not exactly great. I also don't think that he really cares about winning all three in the same year, MSR and especially RVV are his priorities.

Reactions: Sandisfan
He's riding Amstel Gold Race instead of Waalse Pijl. Why doesn't he do all 3? It's been a while since we got someone that won AGR, WP and LBL in the same week. Gilbert last time (2011), and Rebellin before that?
Winning one would be good, two great, and three I think impossible atm. He'll face some stiff competition: Van Der Poel, Pidcock, Van Aert, Alaphilippe, Roglic, Evenepoel...