• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 63 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have a feeling he did not go full gas. God knows why, but he seemed quite relaxed at the interview. Although it took a long time for the UAE guys to get to the podium so he could have brushed off his disappointment

Well, there are several possible explanations, but I watched for like two minutes and also got the feeling he wasn't going full gas.
Could also be the heat... the fact that it was completely flat...
Anything about his numbers / time per km?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Well, there are several possible explanations, but I watched for like two minutes and also got the feeling he wasn't going full gas.
Could also be the heat... the fact that it was completely flat...
Anything about his numbers / time per km?

He started very fast, had best intemediate after the first lap (Tranik +5s, Polanc +9s) but then he started fading in the second lap (Tratnik -8s, Polanc s.t.) and did a horrible last lap where he lost almost half a minute.

Pogačar had only 1 incredible god like TT in his career. And it was the 20th stage of 2020 TdF. All other TTs were subpar or even bad compared to that one.
You can't destroy the whole field one day and then never ever get even close to that again.

So that raises a lot of questions about that TdF TT.
this is such crap, he had a number of great TTs

Pogačar had only 1 incredible god like TT in his career. And it was the 20th stage of 2020 TdF. All other TTs were subpar or even bad compared to that one.
You can't destroy the whole field one day and then never ever get even close to that again.

So that raises a lot of questions about that TdF TT.

His Tirreno and UAE ITT performances were objectively good.

After the ITT he said: "I wanted more but there is no reason to panic. I know where I made a mistake. I started too fast and it'll be a good learning experience for the Tour ITT on stage 5."

Meanwhile Polanc said that the team informed him he is not being selected for the Tour team. Surprising decision.
It make the stage 20 ITT even more surreal considering he did that on feeling in his first TDF after ~3 weeks

Last edited:
Reactions: Luthor
After the ITT he said: "I wanted more but there is no reason to panic. I know where I made a mistake. I started too fast and it'll be a good learning experience for the Tour ITT on stage 5."

Meanwhile Polanc said that the team informed him he is not being selected for the Tour team. Surprising decision.

That is indeed a blow to Polanc. He's been shown to be in great form recently when climbing and always gives 100% for Pogacar. Wrong decision if you ask me.

This was their long list

ACWTZTS.png

Joking about peaking for ToS aside, don't you guys think that Pogi has been in a very good form for too long? He was already in great form in March (TA was his most impressive race), he also went deep in Basque Country (well, maybe they aimed for first smaller peak at LBL and second at the Tour). His team said that last year during COVID he was so sharp in May that they ordered him a week without a bike in order not to peak too early.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Joking about peaking for ToS aside, don't you guys think that Pogi has been in a very good form for too long? He was already in great form in March (TA was his most impressive race), he also went deep in Basque Country (well, maybe they aimed for first smaller peak at LBL and second at the Tour). His team said that last year during COVID he was so sharp in May that they ordered him a week without a bike in order not to peak too early.
Maybe but I would generally not make a big worry out of it. Maybe he's just trying to lull Jumbo into thinking Roglic can win in the final ITT.

TRENDING THREADS