• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 798 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No, you don't. I'm pretty sure his training camp in April was lighter compared to June and he wasn't even sleeping at altitude in April.
Didn’t he train at altitude before Liege/Giro? He definitely had a first peak already at the Giro and another at the Tour. He just peaks 3 times this season which is manageable if you don’t race too much.

Reactions: snipeheem
Sure but you are just guessing to try and create a possible false narrative about how good Pogacar is. Not saying he isn't good, he's the best this year.
He goes with Urska to altitude a few times a year so he was probably always thinking about going, it's not like she just randomly decided to go to altitude it was before her two biggest races. He also stayed there much longer than she did because she was already racing.

Reactions: Salvarani
He goes with Urska to altitude a few times a year so he was probably always thinking about going, it's not like she just randomly decided to go to altitude it was before her two biggest races. He also stayed there much longer than she did because she was already racing.

Is he doing altitude training this week?

I read somewhere that you need as least 3 weeks of altitude tranning for it to make sense.

Is he doing altitude training this week?

I read somewhere that you need as least 3 weeks of altitude tranning for it to make sense.
I doubt it. He has already reconned the circuit and Urska posted she is at home training in Monaco so he will probably just stay at home. Most of the Slovenians live in Monaco and he has been training for worlds with Matej/ Wellens and Bling if you check his strava.

Reactions: Salvarani
He won't, he just won the Vuelta has won Liege and is known to be also good at 1-day races in general. Roglic get's a free role and maybe even co-leadership.
He should definitely have a free role to a point but Roglic’s results in one day races does not justify ‘co-leadership’. Of course the race could play into his hands and he would be a useful foil. Albeit if I were Slovenia and wanted best chance of winning you go all in on Pog.

He should definitely have a free role to a point but Roglic’s results in one day races does not justify ‘co-leadership’. Of course the race could play into his hands and he would be a useful foil. Albeit if I were Slovenia and wanted best chance of winning you go all in on Pog.
That's pretty obvious to everyone. Still I'm curious how you'd even use Roglic specifically as a domestique.

Roglic' main use to Pogacar I think is if Pogacar is out of positino when Evenepoel attacks, or when Pogacar and Evenepoel get away and simply get caught because Evenepoel refuses to pull with Pogacar. Both are unlikely scenarios.

Reactions: Lui98
That's pretty obvious to everyone. Still I'm curious how you'd even use Roglic specifically as a domestique.

Roglic' main use to Pogacar I think is if Pogacar is out of positino when Evenepoel attacks, or when Pogacar and Evenepoel get away and simply get caught because Evenepoel refuses to pull with Pogacar. Both are unlikely scenarios.

Pogacar may need horse power to chase a strong breakaway and control the race. This is where Rogla could be helpful as well but I don't think he will do it because of his (probable) free role. This is a situation when bringing two leaders can backfire for Slovenia.

Reactions: Poursuivant