• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Cinemaniak said:
People keep blabbing about Evenepoel, Bernal, Sosa and Gaudu... but this guy is a serious contender to rule them all. Consistent, level-headed, great TT.. you name it.

I rate him, but i don't think he currently reaches Bernal's level. But he's also roughly 18 months younger. And he's also roughly 18 months older than Evenepoel. These guys are in different stages of their development. I don't know which one will end up top dog in 6 years time, but they are all exciting riders.

Humongous ride today through all the climbs and everything. Kudos to him. Also climbed to 6th overall as well and won the young riders GC.

D4DRINeW0AAy_f2.jpg:large

He says he's going to ride the remaining classics without expectation really, but he will now be skipping Romandie at the end of April to focus solely on Tour of California in May, which is his goal. He's also riding the local Tour of Slovenia in June and also expecting to ride his first Grand Tour next year in 2020.

Re:

Lequack said:
He says he's going to ride the remaining classics without expectation really, but he will now be skipping Romandie at the end of April to focus solely on Tour of California in May, which is his goal. He's also riding the local Tour of Slovenia in June and also expecting to ride his first Grand Tour next year in 2020.
Sounds like a reasonable schedule for him.

Last week Le Quack posted that he wouldn't ride Romandie. Until yesterday, his name had a star next to it on the procyclingstats startlist. I assumed that that was because his participation wasn't confirmed or something. But today his name is still in the startlist, but without the star next to it. So, first question, what does the star mean, next to a name in the startlist? And secondly, has it been confirmed that he will not participate?

Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Last week Le Quack posted that he wouldn't ride Romandie. Until yesterday, his name had a star next to it on the procyclingstats startlist. I assumed that that was because his participation wasn't confirmed or something. But today his name is still in the startlist, but without the star next to it. So, first question, what does the star mean, next to a name in the startlist? And secondly, has it been confirmed that he will not participate?

From the startlists I've seen, the star/asterisk next to a rider's name means he's/she's young enough to compete in the young riders cometition.

Re: Re:

Robert5091 said:
From the startlists I've seen, the star/asterisk next to a rider's name means he's/she's young enough to compete in the young riders cometition.
Must have been something else now, because the star has gone now, and i remember somebody else with a star who was definitely too old. Can't remember who it was, maybe Thomas. Also, Evenepoel didn't have a star, so it must have been something else.

“The weather was awful and it was cold all day. When the pace went up hard, I felt ok, but not super good. I was dropped on the last climb,bbut I managed to come back.”
“I am satisfied: during the week, I had bad luck in the other two races, today I got this good performance and I am happy.”

D5D8VEEUEAE4gEJ.jpg:large

D5QM1QWWwAARsL-.jpg:large

Re: Re:

Logic-is-your-friend said:
Robert5091 said:
Must have been something else now, because the star has gone now, and i remember somebody else with a star who was definitely too old. Can't remember who it was, maybe Thomas. Also, Evenepoel didn't have a star, so it must have been something else.

used to be for substitute riders

He's going to the Tour of California as the designated leader, pretty crazy!
http://www.uaeteamemirates.com/pogacar-guida-luae-team-emirates-nel-tour-california/

Tadej Pogačar, in his first year in a World Tour team, has already shown his enormous talent: “I will try to fight for a good result in the general classification, hoping to still be able to count on the good form that has supported me in all the races of this first part of the season.
It was a great start to the year for me, I learned a lot and at the same time, I pulled in some important results.
I have great enthusiasm and I’m happy to go racing in the United States, where I competed only in Richmond in 2015, when I was in the junior world championship“.

He's not going to have much in the form of backup though with mostly young guys going, but it's a great opportunity for him.

D6Chd2SWsAAdQeQ.jpg:large

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Re:

johnymax said:
One of the most impressive neo-pros in recent memory. Since Sagan I can think only of Bernal and Gaviria who are in conversation. In Bernal's case it depends on the year you are taking into account. His first Androni year or his first Sky year.

I agree, very impressive!

I cannot wait for next year when Remco will be at Pogačar's age (Pogačar is about 1 year and 4 months older) and winning WT races just like Pogačar is this year.

We will be in for some great entertainment when these two talented youngers will be battling it out. Hopefully, both will make it to California next year.

The question is, are these long steady California climbs suited to Remco's diesel engine?

Re:

Lequack said:
He's going to the Tour of California as the designated leader, pretty crazy!
http://www.uaeteamemirates.com/pogacar-guida-luae-team-emirates-nel-tour-california/

Tadej Pogačar, in his first year in a World Tour team, has already shown his enormous talent: “I will try to fight for a good result in the general classification, hoping to still be able to count on the good form that has supported me in all the races of this first part of the season.
It was a great start to the year for me, I learned a lot and at the same time, I pulled in some important results.
I have great enthusiasm and I’m happy to go racing in the United States, where I competed only in Richmond in 2015, when I was in the junior world championship“.

He's not going to have much in the form of backup though with mostly young guys going, but it's a great opportunity for him.

D6Chd2SWsAAdQeQ.jpg:large
...winning is a good result! :D

TRENDING THREADS