• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don’t think it’s 18 days of racing taking its toll on him, I think his performance is mainly due to yesterday’s stage. He actually performed really well considering his youth and limited experience but it’s not unlikely that it has been harder on him than on his competitors.

He might not race with the same kind of energy on saturday as he has been for the past few weeks but I expect him to bounce back and put pressure on Quintana.

Earlier this year, when Tadej won the Tour of California, I thought that was pretty amazing for a 20-year-old neo-pro. But what he's done in the Vuelta is incredible: winning two of the toughest stages convincingly (two grand tour stages!), reaching as high as 3rd on GC at the start of the 3rd week, and solidifying a 5th-place final GC spot (most likely). I didn't see much fade today--he was right with Quintana and other top-10 GC guys--just not quite as strong today as the four riders in the red-jersey group. The only downside is that after this year's Vuelta, there will be the pressure of very high expectations for Poga all next year, though he seems to have a great temperament for it.

Reactions: hayneplane
I should have never doubted in this young man. What a win, and what a Vuelta!

EEcTRf4X4AATYY7.jpg:large

TRENDING THREADS